Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Pandor
...as well as 64A/K.
Shush!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello.

First time flyer in CW, SFO-LHR in December.
I was wondering how much (if any) the windows are obstructed in say 13A/K or 17,18,19,20,A/K?

When I look at the seating map on "seatguru" it makes no mention of this. But on "seatexpert" it is stated all these seats (except 20K) have "obstruction"

Would anyone care to elaborate?

Also, I'm having a real difficult time deciding on a pair of seats for my wife and I as every combination in both downstairs cabins (no OW status) seems to have some kind of draw back.

Which pair should we choose? The cabin is "wide open" at this time.

Thanks for any replies^
Anyone?
Oh and she won't fly backwards!
Oh, Oh, and also out of ear-shot should there be a crying baby on board ( nothing against little one's, it's just that on a plane your stuck there if they "let it rip!)

Last edited by tattikat2; Apr 30, 2010 at 11:49 am Reason: spelling, always speeling...
Old May 1, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Just quick question - we are travelling in pair, but we prefer AB or JK instead of EF... which seats would you recommend me and why? Thanks!
Old May 3, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Anyone?
Oh and she won't fly backwards!
Oh, Oh, and also out of ear-shot should there be a crying baby on board ( nothing against little one's, it's just that on a plane your stuck there if they "let it rip!)
Just wanted to thank Swanhunter and everyone else for taking the time to share their thoughts and experiences of flying BA with a 1st time BA flyer.
It's threads like this that really help other FTers
Old May 4, 2010, 7:18 am

Best seats on 767 club world for couple

Hi
We have booked to fly club world on a 767 from heathrow to calgary flight number BA0103. And would like some advice from you regulars and also not regulars out there who have flown this route in club world. The advice being which seats do you think are the best for a couple, now i know not every one prefers the same seats. But i am just wanting to get a rough idea of what you personally think.

Regards
Earthmatters
Old May 4, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

tattikat2 , none of the seats you mention have an obstructed view. As for children, best to avoid the bassinet positions marked on the seat plan.

the810 if you aren't bothered about legroom/ease of access then the preferred order would be upper deck, forward of door, then behind on the 747. On the 777 4-class they are all pretty much the same. On the 3-class, forward of door 2.

earthmatters on the 767 all the seats are pairs so nothing is especially bad. Some find the window seats a bit cramped so you might go for a centre pair.
Old May 4, 2010, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
tattikat2 , none of the seats you mention have an obstructed view. As for children, best to avoid the bassinet positions marked on the seat plan.

the810 if you aren't bothered about legroom/ease of access then the preferred order would be upper deck, forward of door, then behind on the 747. On the 777 4-class they are all pretty much the same. On the 3-class, forward of door 2.

earthmatters on the 767 all the seats are pairs so nothing is especially bad. Some find the window seats a bit cramped so you might go for a centre pair.
Many thanks for you're opinion on this.......swanhunter. ^
Old May 4, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Just when I thought everything was settled having secured (I thought) 62K for a December flight, I read on Airliners.net a trip report where a pax had reserved 62A months in advance only to be bumped to the lower deck the week prior to the trip. I thought this would only happen with one of the bulkhead/bassinet seats. The report was from last year so maybe under the old seating policy? Can someone please enlighten me? I would be extremely peeved if this were to happen to me. THANKS for any insight.
Old May 5, 2010, 4:29 pm

Just thought I might ask again since I didn't get any answers. Sorry -- I hope it's OK to bump here after 24 hs.
Old May 5, 2010, 5:10 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
That's not supposed to happen as 62A/K are not bassinet positions. Could have been a premiere or a VIP I suppose.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It can also happen on the Kangaroo routes. BA try to keep through SYD pax in the same seat so those only going halfway often get shifted, regardless of status.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Main cabin in CW.

Booked to fly out to HKG in March 2011 and I noticed that all of the seats on the upper deck have been taken. Rows 17 - 20 are left. As a solo traveller, who's never travelled in this section, any suggestions as to the best and worst ones?
Many thanks.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Cypress
Booked to fly out to HKG in March 2011 and I noticed that all of the seats on the upper deck have been taken. Rows 17 - 20 are left. As a solo traveller, who's never travelled in this section, any suggestions as to the best and worst ones?
Many thanks.
There is a thread dedicated to this very topic - where I suspect this will end up. The reason you can't select the upper deck now is that it is blocked from sale, and the only people who can pick these seats are status pax and full fare. You get the remains at OLCI.

Last edited by Jimmie76; May 11, 2010 at 9:41 am
Old May 10, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
64A is your friend.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:22 pm

So my question now is: If higher status pax can bump me from my seat --- can I then bump a lower status one? E.G. If a Gold (or famous D.J.) boots me from 62K that I reserved at 8 months out would I be put in 62A if someone of status lower than mine is there? I would just seem extremely unjust to choose the seat so early only to lose it at the last minute and be left with the worst choice after everyone else has already done OLCI.

Last edited by phlashba; May 10, 2010 at 5:22 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.