Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Can anyone see any reason why the person in 60b would not want to swap with my partner in 60j. Or why the person in 60k wouldn't want to swap with me in 60a??
One could think of several reasons why you would not find someone readily willing to swap their seat.

I wouldn't want to rely on that. It's the upper deck, so folks in these seats are likely status pax of Silver or Gold who chose that seat due to their privileges OR they've paid a great deal of cash over and above the ticket price in order to reserve that seat well in advance.

These are two unlikely scenarios for a seat swap, if somebody is status or cash payer and has put that much into having the seat they want....just to give it to somebody who simply wants it. That's tricky.

But hope you get somebody to swap. You might find the rare somebody in that seat who is not status nor a paying seat selector who did not want it as their first choice....
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by randomflyer
But hope you get somebody to swap. You might find the rare somebody in that seat who is not status nor a paying steat selector who did not want it as their first choice....
And our survey says .................................................. ............ UH UH !
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:04 pm

True! Haha

Just being an optimist....

Like Blanche Dubois, one can often rely on the kindness of strangers.

But Blanche never reached status with BA in order to reserve her UD seat of choice, nor pay extortionate sums to do so, did she?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Just reserved my first pair of seats in the upper deck. However, there were no 2 seats together so got 60a and 60j (I.e. a window and an isle).

Can anyone see any reason why the person in 60b would not want to swap with my partner in 60j. Or why the person in 60k wouldn't want to swap with me in 60a??

Thanks

Originally Posted by T8191

With an infant, they obviously haven't been married as long as we have!! We've learned to accept that gazing into each others eyes, and holding hands, isn't an H-24 activity. We have opposite aisle seats on the next l/h ... is this the beginning of the end? What next? Single beds? Separate rooms?
What infant???

Are you off the meds again????
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HilFly
What infant???

Are you off the meds again????
I think the only possible responses are:

a. DOH
b. Calvados

... and ... ooops
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Which seat on the upper deck is best for a solo traveller? I've chosen 64A but is 64K Ok as it is near the toliet? Also what are 62A/K like, as they seem more exposed and you would be facing 63B/J which might be less private?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Which seat on the upper deck is best for a solo traveller? I've chosen 64A but is 64K Ok as it is near the toliet? Also what are 62A/K like, as they seem more exposed and you would be facing 63B/J which might be less private?
From 63B I can't see the face of the occupant of 62A ... just the legs and feet, unless I really make an effort so to do. You're certainly not "looking at each other".
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:03 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
I really like 64K and have it booked for my solo fight LHR-PEK next month and also for the same route in August. Yes, it's close to the loo but I've never been troubled by noise or light from it. I like the fact I don't have to climb over anyone else's seat as being vertically challenged, it is more of a climb than a hop-over, if you see what I mean.

I wanted 64K for my PEK-LHR leg but it was already taken so I have 63A, hoping that it's ok, T8, I'm looking to you for information
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I guess theres not much difference between 64A/K?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lady1964
I wanted 64K for my PEK-LHR leg but it was already taken so I have 63A, hoping that it's ok, T8, I'm looking to you for information
Mrs T's seat of choice, with loads of space in the side bins for all that female baggage, and which also provides 'table' space for other things [like the pudding that arrives with the starter!]. Exit routine is either climbing over 64A [if occupied] or doing the 'infamous' squeeze through the gap between the seat and the cabin wall.

She says, "Stand up, mind your head, face the aisle, then shuffle sideways through the gap towards the emergency exit using your seat-shell as a hand-hold if needed. It's easy."
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I guess theres not much difference between 64A/K?
This really has been covered over and over again!

64A is more open/exposed. It's liable to light pollution from the galley, especially if the curtain is missing (as has occasionally happened).

64K is very private and secluded. Personally, I haven't had a problem with noise from the toilet, and in practice it's impossible to get light pollution from the toilet door because you can't see it.

Both therefore have pros and cons. Some people prefer one for exactly the reasons that others prefer the other. Both allow you to get out without having to step over someone else, which is perhaps the biggest advantage for which I personally look.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:10 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by T8191
Mrs T's seat of choice, with loads of space in the side bins for all that female baggage, and which also provides 'table' space for other things [like the pudding that arrives with the starter!]. Exit routine is either climbing over 64A [if occupied] or doing the 'infamous' squeeze through the gap between the seat and the cabin wall.

She says, "Stand up, mind your head, face the aisle, then shuffle sideways through the gap towards the emergency exit using your seat-shell as a hand-hold if needed. It's easy."
Seat 64A is occupied, only a few aisle seats left on UD currently, but still just under 3 weeks until my flight and am checking regularly to see if that changes.

Please thank Mrs. T for her guide to doing the 'infamous' squeeze, luckily as well as being vertically challenged, I'm on the petite size so I'm sure I will manage that way instead of climbing over 64A.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

She is pleased to be able to help. "It's so easy it's not even worth giving it a second's thought".
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This really has been covered over and over again!

64A is more open/exposed. It's liable to light pollution from the galley, especially if the curtain is missing (as has occasionally happened).

64K is very private and secluded. Personally, I haven't had a problem with noise from the toilet, and in practice it's impossible to get light pollution from the toilet door because you can't see it.

Both therefore have pros and cons. Some people prefer one for exactly the reasons that others prefer the other. Both allow you to get out without having to step over someone else, which is perhaps the biggest advantage for which I personally look.
It seems on a day flight 64A is best but on a night flight 64K is.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Seating 777 3 Class & 4 Class

The better half and I are flying LHR to SAN later this year. BA seat map shows this service is on a 777 - 3 class and we have chosen seats 5A & 5B. However, Seatguru and Seat Expert do not show seats 5A & 5B. Can anyone explain which map is more accurate? Also are seats 5A & 5B considered good seats?

We return to LHR from LAX on a 4 class 777 and have chosen seats 10A & 10B. Are these seats OK - Seat Expert seems to suggest a window problem although they are forward of the wing? 11A, 11B, 11J & 11K seem better but are already taken. Seat Expert also states that there is a window problem at 12A & 12B.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.