FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: Club World (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1055540-seating-queries-club-world.html)

cmtskier Apr 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Any Marginal Seats in Upper Deck?

I have enjoyed the UD several times. Now I am looking at a 9hr flight with very few UD seats, 1 window, 3 aisle. leaving Tues. Main deck is very empty. Lots of window/aisle. Travelling solo. Which would you choose, if there are seats in given this choice?? I am limited to the 24hr window.:mad:

Lobengula Apr 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by cmtskier (Post 13751173)
I have enjoyed the UD several times. Now I am looking at a 9hr flight with very few UD seats, 1 window, 3 aisle. leaving Tues. Main deck is very empty. Lots of window/aisle. Travelling solo. Which would you choose, if there are seats in given this choice?? I am limited to the 24hr window.:mad:

I have been in a similar situation. I booked UD weeks before the trip but when I OLCI 24h before departure, I found the UD full and main deck almost empty.

So I switched to 20A and it was great. No neighbor so I could leave the divider down ^

But there's no guarantee though. Maybe CW is very fully booked and everyone is waiting for OLCI.

Genius1 Apr 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by cmtskier (Post 13751173)

I would say that any upper deck seat is better than the main deck. Whilst Row 20 on the main deck has extra legroom for the window seat, it can be noisy due to the engines, there is little view because of the wing and the WTP/WT cabins may pose a noise issue.

cmtskier Apr 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks, I just saw a thread with a number of comments on UD seating from earlier. The LD has about 30 seats open.

Lobengula Apr 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by cmtskier (Post 13751215)
Thanks, I just saw a thread with a number of comments on UD seating from earlier. The LD has about 30 seats open.

I honestly think that differences between CW seats are very subtle. The exception is main deck E/F seats. Those seats are not very good if you travel alone and end up with an unknown seatmate.

LeisureFirst Apr 12, 2010 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Lobengula (Post 13751238)
The exception is main deck E/F seats. Those seats are not very good if you travel alone and end up with an unknown seatmate.

Especially if they keep falling out of their seat and crash into you when you're sleeping. :mad:

LeisureFirst Apr 12, 2010 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 13751210)
I would say that any upper deck seat is better than the main deck. Whilst Row 20 on the main deck has extra legroom for the window seat, it can be noisy due to the engines, there is little view because of the wing and the WTP/WT cabins may pose a noise issue.

If it is a night-time flight I would definitely choose a nice LD seat like 14K over an UD aisle. And if you're tall I would recommend that over anything other than than the four UD extra-legroom window seats we all know and love.

Swanhunter Apr 12, 2010 2:29 am

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst (Post 13753261)
If it is a night-time flight I would definitely choose a nice LD seat like 14K over an UD aisle. And if you're tall I would recommend that over anything other than than the four UD extra-legroom window seats we all know and love.

63J is also good - extra legroom to be had there.

BingBongBoy Apr 12, 2010 3:28 am

Ok, I have made my decision and done some seat moving...

I have moved to 61K, and my friends are in a pair together in 62J+K.

I am happy with that. It will be my friends legs that I have to step over to get out, and am happy to put the screen straight up with the person sat beside me... The other two are CW newbies and probably would be very hesitant to put the screen up if the other person did not.

OH... MY... GOD... Less than 3 weeks till we go!

BBB

Dewsbury Apr 15, 2010 9:13 am

BA Seats

Hi
I hope this in in the right forum?
I have just booked return flights to the Caribbean. The return flight is BA2504, BGI - LGW.

My TA has booked my seats for me and tells me that they are 12A&12B ~ both in Club Class.
The outbound flight is WT+ and in seats 13A &13B.
Nowhere can I find a seat map that matches up with this information.
I have checked Seat Gure, Seat Expert, Airline Equality and Seatplans.com.

When I commented on this I was advised that the Caribbean B777's have a different seating configuration to the other 777's?
Is this correct?
Thanks

Mike

ddschur Apr 15, 2010 9:32 am

I was unable to find a BA2504 flight...no such flight number on BA.

Unless I am mistaken, I would suggest you call your TA ASAP!

Dewsbury Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am

Ah! Brain fade again - it must be my age:(

How about 2154 on 5th Feb 2011?

Three numbers out of four isn't bad :rolleyes:

Mike

mwalsh Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

A quick question about the rear facing pairs on the lower deck....

Edit: I've removed the question about the armrests, after finding this picture here:

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-phot....jpg/tpod.html

Edit: And now have found a picture with the divider deployed:

http://www.luxury-insider.com/Curren...Cabin2_420.jpg

So never mind. Carry on.

JSC Apr 15, 2010 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Dewsbury (Post 13776666)
Hi
I hope this in in the right forum?
I have just booked return flights to the Caribbean. The return flight is BA2504, BGI - LGW.

My TA has booked my seats for me and tells me that they are 12A&12B ~ both in Club Class.
The outbound flight is WT+ and in seats 13A &13B.
Nowhere can I find a seat map that matches up with this information.
I have checked Seat Gure, Seat Expert, Airline Equality and Seatplans.com.

When I commented on this I was advised that the Caribbean B777's have a different seating configuration to the other 777's?
Is this correct?
Thanks

Mike

Just to be clear, have you booked a WT+ return or CW out/WT+ back? If the former then you are probably on a 3 class 777, where rows 12-14 are WT+. If the latter then you are on a 4 class 777 on the way there and a 3 class back. What's strange is that I thought all BGI flights were 4 class and you seem to be able to book F on your return flight :confused: Have you tried to see if F is available on your outbound?

Dewsbury Apr 15, 2010 12:21 pm

I am actually flying ~

Outbound: LGW - ANU (WT+)
Inbound: BGI - LGW (CW)

The TA said
"I have held off seats 13AB on the outbound flight in World Traveller Plus and 12AB on the inbound flight in club class."

When I queried the seat configurations the reply was

"It could be a different seat configuration, which is usually the case with the Caribbean.

I have definitely got these seats booked for you and the configuration usually is 2-4-2 in club rows 10-15 and World Traveller Plus rows 12-14. "

and as I said I cannot seem to find a seat plan that matches this?

Unless of course it is because the two flights are on different routes and have different aircraft configurations?

Mike