Seating Queries: Club World

Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Don't be hyper, lady1964, or believe everything said here is Gospel.

I would personally avoid anything forward of the 62s. Anything aft of that is a matter of access/climb-over. 62K is fine: you may have a low metabolic rate, in which case you could consider socks, a sweater and a parka. Temperature has never troubled us in 63A/B [the other, downwind, side of the doors].
I had a look at your 63AB yesterday- they looked quite nice. The extra space on the UD is notable, the side bins are great too. On both flights, out to EWR and back from JFK I have never had a cabin where the temperature differs so much, one minute it felt boiling hot and the next it felt freezing cold... and others were talking about it so I know it wasn't just my awful cold making it feel like that, although I'm sure it made it worse!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:09 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Ok, all things considered, I have changed my PEK-LHR seat to 63A. Reason being that I do think 62K might have been cold due to the door and I hate trying to sleep and being cold, so taking T8's advice here. I also get the feeling that 62K won't have the side bins and I do like them.
However, should 64K become free between now & my departure date, then I will change it again if I can but happy that I've got 64K booked for my return flight in May.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
I have upcoming TATL flight on 777 (4 Class) in CW. Can somone advise at what time the seats opposite the "cot" 15A/K are opened up? If you select these are you more likely to be moved? I assume these are the best in the CW cabin on the 4 class service?

Thanks,

NV
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by lady1964
Ok, all things considered, I have changed my PEK-LHR seat to 63A. Reason being that I do think 62K might have been cold due to the door and I hate trying to sleep and being cold, so taking T8's advice here. I also get the feeling that 62K won't have the side bins and I do like them.
However, should 64K become free between now & my departure date, then I will change it again if I can but happy that I've got 64K booked for my return flight in May.
Seats 62A/K each have two side bins. One that extends as far as the floor, the other is shallower.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
What about a 777?

I'll be a solo, CW traveller, LHR - HKG, in a 4 class 777. Any tips for a good seat?

Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by HilFly
Actually, it's very difficult to impossible if you've got short legs. The seats that others on this forum refer to as extra leg room seats are the best non aisle seats for short people. I think tall people should be banned from them - let them step over the legs in the other window seats!
I whole heartedly agree. As someone who is petite, climbing over a fellow passenger's legs is like taking one giant leap for mankind!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Cypress
I whole heartedly agree. As someone who is petite, climbing over a fellow passenger's legs is like taking one giant leap for mankind!
^
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Greetings.

I am very sorry if I have missed this question in this thread somewhere.

I am travelling solo to DEN on what appears to be a three class 777, The system has allocated me 5B. I can't match that to what is on seatguru but it looks not too bad considering that there is not a row of four but the galley next door to it.

Any thoughts gratefully received, thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:41 am

^
Which brings me back nicely to my question: any window seat on a 4 class 777 which caters for one who is vertically challenged?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Cypress
Which brings me back nicely to my question: any window seat on a 4 class 777 which caters for one who is vertically challenged?
15A&K but they are both bassinet seats which are reserved for those travelling with infants. If vacant, they become available to all at OLCI and I believe to SCH & GCH by phone at T-72.

Unless it's the new 777 that has 16 rows but there aren't many of them.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:23 am

15A&K but they are both bassinet seats which are reserved for those travelling with infants. If vacant, they become available to all at OLCI and I believe to SCH & GCH by phone at T-72.

Unless it's the new 777 that has 16 rows but there aren't many of them.
15A&K are shaded out at the moment. Shall have to wait until OLCI opens, as I'm a lowly Blue.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:02 am

777-200 / 777-300

Can someone enlighten me on the difference in the CW seating between these aircrafts. My longhaul flights have in the main been on 747s and the odd 777-200 but never on a 777-300. On the 777-200 Seatguru shows the middle seats in the middle section of 4 (E &F) as being together. Luckily I have avoided these in the past. However, Seatguru suggest that these seats on a 777-300 are positioned slightly differently. Are seats E & F on the 77-300 slightly better and more private than on the 777-200?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Can someone enlighten me on the difference in the CW seating between these aircrafts. My longhaul flights have in the main been on 747s and the odd 777-200 but never on a 777-300. On the 777-200 Seatguru shows the middle seats in the middle section of 4 (E &F) as being together. Luckily I have avoided these in the past. However, Seatguru suggest that these seats on a 777-300 are positioned slightly differently. Are seats E & F on the 77-300 slightly better and more private than on the 777-200?
No the format is exactly the same, the only difference is that there is one (I think) extra row on the 300 and I believe there are more window seats in front of the wing. The loos are all at the back of the cabin too
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Exec (Silver), SPG (corporate), IHG
all of the 777-300's are four class, CW seating is pretty much the same as on the 4-class 77-200's with the addition of an extra row taking the cabin size to 56 from 48. the E/F seating layout is the same
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:13 am
formerly known as lady1964

Originally Posted by Prospero
Seats 62A/K each have two side bins. One that extends as far as the floor, the other is shallower.
Thanks, with that in mind, I have now changed my seat back to 62K Thinking about the space as a whole, I'm vertically challenged and I remember seeing much more space in 62K so I should have no problem moving around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.