Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jameslon
any thoughts??
Yes... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html

Since you're travelling alone (?) 61K all the way.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I would agree... I have travelled in 61k before and enjoyed it. I would not like 64B as you are pretty much right next to the door to the toilet... I dont get in and out of my seat a lot so stepping over someone is not an issue.

61K^
64B

Originally Posted by clubman
Yes... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html

Since you're travelling alone (?) 61K all the way.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HilFly
CW & WT+ passengers use the same toliets????
You must remember that Great Britain is one of the World's oldest democracies

And it all smells the same anyway ...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Last time I was on a 773 they put a rope between WT+ and Club World..
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I would agree... I have travelled in 61k before and enjoyed it. I would not like 64B as you are pretty much right next to the door to the toilet... I dont get in and out of my seat a lot so stepping over someone is not an issue.

61K^
64B
Thanks, both. 61K it is. I'll pop back after the flight to say how it was. Cheers.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Enjoy!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by jameslon
Thanks, both. 61K it is. I'll pop back after the flight to say how it was. Cheers.
This belongs in that other thread, but I'll just add my voice to 61K.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You did the right thing choosing 61K.

Row 64 is close to the galley and lavatory and the light and noise can be bothersome.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Purdey
If it's an overnight I'd avoid 16A and K unless you are a heavy sleeper. Constant use of the toilets by CW and WT+ pax and you get a flash of light every time the door is opened. Service time is poor in that row (assuming it gets done last like row 15 on the other type) and you can easily be missed - I was offered desert before main course last week.

London approach views tend to be best on the A side but depends on what approach is in use.
Thanks, Purdey. I may stick to the front and see if I can get a seat on the A side... Most of them are already gone when I last checked.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
I am travelling LHR-BKK-LHR soon.

On the LHR-BKK I am currently booked into 64A and I can choose any UD seat apart from 62A

On the BKK-LHR I am currently booked into 64K and I can choose any UD seat apart from 64A/B and 62K

I have read the extra legroom advice however I will want to sleep as much as possible both ways. Would I be better moving further up the cabin to 62K and 62A respectively (or others) or stick with the 64A and 64K that I have?

I will be a solo traveller

Thanks,

NV

Last edited by northernvilla; Feb 16, 2012 at 3:27 am
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by northernvilla
I am travelling LHR-BKK-LHR soon.

On the LHR-BKK I am currently booked into 64A and I can choose any UD seat apart from 62A

On the BKK-LHR I am currently booked into 64K and I can choose any UD seat apart from 64A/B and 62K

I have read the extra legroom advice however I will want to sleep as much as possible both ways. Would I be better moving further up the cabin to 62K and 62A respectively (or others) or stick with the 64A and 64K that I have?

I will be a solo traveller

Thanks,

NV
Hello...

64K over 64A... 64A does get some light from the galley area and also when the door to the loo opens, you will get some light from that too, but does have good leg room.

62A and K are good, free access to the seat as they both face out into the cross aisle exit and also, being next to the door will be cooler (some will say too cold) when the UD gets warm during the flight.

I like 64K to an extent, but did start to feel a little bit "hemmed in" on my last flight in it staring at the toilet wall... So, I think I will try somewhere else on other flights. I have 63K on my next UD flight...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Hello...

64K over 64A... 64A does get some light from the galley area and also when the door to the loo opens, you will get some light from that too, but does have good leg room.

62A and K are good, free access to the seat as they both face out into the cross aisle exit and also, being next to the door will be cooler (some will say too cold) when the UD gets warm during the flight.

I like 64K to an extent, but did start to feel a little bit "hemmed in" on my last flight in it staring at the toilet wall... So, I think I will try somewhere else on other flights. I have 63K on my next UD flight...
I loved 64K, flew back in it last night. It is so private... perfect for a night flight although I'm not sure what it would be like for a day flight- 63K looked quite good and so did 64A.

CW UD is streets ahead of the other CW configs, going to try and get on a 744 whenever I can!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:54 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
I've got 62K booked for my PEK-LHR flight in April but now I'm not sure I want it as I've read several posts where people say it can be cold there. I like 64K but it's been selected already. I am checking on a regular basis to see if it becomes free, but in the event it doesn't, should I look at what other seats are free or stick with 62K and just wear a wooly?

What seats on the UD should I avoid should I decide not to stick with 62K?

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by mikey2124
I loved 64K, flew back in it last night. It is so private... perfect for a night flight although I'm not sure what it would be like for a day flight- 63K looked quite good and so did 64A.

CW UD is streets ahead of the other CW configs, going to try and get on a 744 whenever I can!
Mikey My Boy!

Congrats on your first First and you enjoying the UD it certainly seems the way forward i can't wait until my first CW experience
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by lady1964
I've got 62K booked for my PEK-LHR flight in April but now I'm not sure I want it as I've read several posts where people say it can be cold there. I like 64K but it's been selected already. I am checking on a regular basis to see if it becomes free, but in the event it doesn't, should I look at what other seats are free or stick with 62K and just wear a wooly?

What seats on the UD should I avoid should I decide not to stick with 62K?

Thanks
Don't be hyper, lady1964, or believe everything said here is Gospel.

I would personally avoid anything forward of the 62s. Anything aft of that is a matter of access/climb-over. 62K is fine: you may have a low metabolic rate, in which case you could consider socks, a sweater and a parka. Temperature has never troubled us in 63A/B [the other, downwind, side of the doors].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.