Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by jmpawson
G class get put on the lower deck. Being wedged between a load of mattress salesmen who want to share pictures of their ugly children is not fun all the way to CPT

Upstairs rocks.
Upper deck is not guaranteed to be perfect... but at least if you were to end up there you could put up the divider, as soon as you get on board, and not have to worry about whoever was next to you
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Upper deck is far superior.

20A is noticeably noisier than any upper deck seat, due to proximity of engines (and location of WTP/WT right behind).
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
G class get put on the lower deck.
G class?
What's G class?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
G class get put on the lower deck.
G class?
What's G class?
I meant Groups
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Group

Ah thank you, never heard of groups referred to in that way. And the only G class I could think of was an economy fare!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Group

Ah thank you, never heard of groups referred to in that way. And the only G class I could think of was an economy fare!
I'm pretending to know what I'm on about ;p
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
On a low J 747, the upper deck rules. Id take any upper deck seat over the lower deck.

On a high J 747, id take the upper deck over the rear lower deck cabin but if no upper deck window seats where free, id be happy with a lower deck forward cabin window seat over an upper deck aisle.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
... From all the germ filled babies at the front of WT? The curtain can never be thick enough.
I refer you to my previous post where I corrected you - behind the curtain is WT+, not WT.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by FenLandK
I refer you to my previous post where I corrected you - behind the curtain is WT+, not WT.
Plus smush - it's all too terrible to contemplate.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Would love some recommendations (have already read some of the posts and went to SeatGuru, which didn't offer any advice)...

CW on a 773 (I think - it has a row 16), single traveller on BA278.

Currently I've 10D, but is it that close to the gallery with noise and light? Thinking about switching to 16K (16A is gone) for privacy/window/ease of access, but will it be too close to the toilets and slow meal service?

I wouldn't mind a window seat, so any recommendations are welcome. My requirements and constraints are:

- Which side is better for a view of London? (Understanding that the weather has a large part to play)
- Ease of access (as outlined above re 16K)
- Current seatmap says most AB side are already occupied and a large part of the cabin is over wing so view will be restricted.

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:08 am

family of 5

Hi all!

Posted earlier about having 5 seats LHR-BOS and ORD-LHR in the summer. There are 5 of us: myself, MrsMumble, and three toddlers (!!). It is important that each child is next to an adult and that at least one adult has line of sight to each child (both for our sanity and the sanity of everyone around us). At first I thought of going for a middle 4 and one across an aisle, however I think none of our kids are old enough to be happy sitting by themselves, even if it's only an aisle away. Right now I've booked 17E-K out and 13E-K back, with the parents sitting in F and J. However I'm beginning to think this is a mistake since the E and F seats can only get out past a stranger in the row behind. I'm thinking that it might be smarter to have, for instance, 17FG and 18EFG with parents in 17G and 18F. That way we don't have to disturb anyone when we get up and down all the time. At the same time though it feels nice that we're currently all in a row and that everyone can (more or less) see each other.

Any comments on which would be better? Or if there is another arrangement I'm missing?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I agree 17EFG and and 18FG seems like the best idea.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Leumas
Would love some recommendations (have already read some of the posts and went to SeatGuru, which didn't offer any advice)...

CW on a 773 (I think - it has a row 16), single traveller on BA278.

Currently I've 10D, but is it that close to the gallery with noise and light? Thinking about switching to 16K (16A is gone) for privacy/window/ease of access, but will it be too close to the toilets and slow meal service?

I wouldn't mind a window seat, so any recommendations are welcome. My requirements and constraints are:

- Which side is better for a view of London? (Understanding that the weather has a large part to play)
- Ease of access (as outlined above re 16K)
- Current seatmap says most AB side are already occupied and a large part of the cabin is over wing so view will be restricted.

Thanks.
If it's an overnight I'd avoid 16A and K unless you are a heavy sleeper. Constant use of the toilets by CW and WT+ pax and you get a flash of light every time the door is opened. Service time is poor in that row (assuming it gets done last like row 15 on the other type) and you can easily be missed - I was offered desert before main course last week.

London approach views tend to be best on the A side but depends on what approach is in use.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Purdey
If it's an overnight I'd avoid 16A and K unless you are a heavy sleeper. Constant use of the toilets by CW and WT+ pax and you get a flash of light every time the door is opened. Service time is poor in that row (assuming it gets done last like row 15 on the other type) and you can easily be missed - I was offered desert before main course last week.

London approach views tend to be best on the A side but depends on what approach is in use.
CW & WT+ passengers use the same toliets????
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:24 am

64B or 61K?

That's the question. Flying to HKG this weekend.. and both are available on the upper deck.... any thoughts??

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.