Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Lets be honest - it is really nitpicking to mention particular seats on the Upper Deck in CW as better than others.

I think they are all really good, folks have preferences for individual seats (mine is 64K but sometimes it can be a wee bit hot) but the Upper Deck is fabulous. Service, seclusion and exclusivity feel all make me search out the 747 above a 777 - sometimes meaning an extra flight to Vegas!

AKS120
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aks120
Lets be honest - it is really nitpicking to mention particular seats on the Upper Deck in CW as better than others.
I respectfully disagree. At 6ft tall, I cannot stretch out full on the bed of 61A for example.. but I can in 64K and that makes a big difference to the quality of my sleep. As 80-90% of my Club flights are overnight the difference in UD and LD seats is basically the difference between grumpy, tired on arrival or vaguely human and nice.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I respectfully disagree. At 6ft tall, I cannot stretch out full on the bed of 61A for example.. but I can in 64K and that makes a big difference to the quality of my sleep.
Swanhunter - I will conceed that point. I am 5ft 8 so have not had to experience being 'too tall' for a seat.

I was putting my point across as someone who loves the Upper Deck and loves a particular seat, but would be quite happy with ANY seat on the Upper Deck before going down the stairs. I did not take into account the tall folks amongst us so I apologise

Would you have a preference of a lower deck seat if you could not get the 'tall' seats on the upper deck? Or would you rather be upper deck whatever, even if you could not get 64K? I ask because I may be travelling with my brother who is Blue and is 6ft 2ins tall....!!!!!! Our flights may be booked individually so I may have to go downstairs - or in fact not climb up them in the first place

Regards

AKS120
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Would you have a preference of a lower deck seat if you could not get the 'tall' seats on the upper deck? Or would you rather be upper deck whatever, even if you could not get 64K? I ask because I may be travelling with my brother who is Blue and is 6ft 2ins tall....!!!!!! Our flights may be booked individually so I may have to go downstairs - or in fact not climb up them in the first place
No apology needed.

Legroom is really important for me so I'd rather take 14AK, 12J, 20AK over say 61A. The UD ambience is nice, but the zone between doors 1 and 2 is also pretty decent too. It gets a bit nasty past door 2 but given that my normal MO is get on, read for an hour then sleep it's no big deal.

This thread has all the details!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ide-747-a.html
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
No apology needed.

Legroom is really important for me so I'd rather take 14AK, 12J, 20AK over say 61A. The UD ambience is nice, but the zone between doors 1 and 2 is also pretty decent too. It gets a bit nasty past door 2 but given that my normal MO is get on, read for an hour then sleep it's no big deal.
I agree entirely. It makes a huge difference - I'm 6'4" and I'm reasonably comfortable in any "extra legroom" CW seat, but not otherwise.

Having had to take 15E on a recent flight, however (on a 4-class 777 ) due to the strike, the adjacency of another passenger without a partition between the two of you is too much of a pain to make the extra legroom worthwhile, as the oaf kept falling out of his bed. I wish I'd stuck with the relative peace of a window seat: the lounge dragon called me over to offer me 13A at one point and I declined because of the legroom issue.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA gold
AKS120
I wouldn't know if it's nitpicking or not, as I've never flown CW before, hence the question.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Stez
I wouldn't know if it's nitpicking or not, as I've never flown CW before, hence the question.
Sorry I didnt mean to sound rude. What I meant was the Upper Deck is really great - yes some seats are better than others based on personal opinion - in fact if you ask enough people you would find someone who loved each seat the best.

Get what you can and enjoy the experience - CW is great, and the Upper deck is very special.

Regards AKS120
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Ok... Now...

As a magnificent, respected and fantabulous board member... I really should be shot for asking the following... but...

My upcoming trip, 3 of us traveling and we have

62 B/J/K (Me in K)

61K is also available, and I don't mind stepping over someone to get in and out of my seat. Someone else in the party would prefer a window seat, and I was thinking...

Should I be generous and allocate them 62K, with the aisle seat wisher keeping 62J, and I take 61K...?

Thoughts on 61K please!?!

I have 64K for my return flight, and happy with that... Very happy with that...

BBB
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Should I be generous and allocate them 62K, with the aisle seat wisher keeping 62J, and I take 61K...?

I have 64K for my return flight, and happy with that... Very happy with that...

BBB
I wouldn't give up 62K or 64K for anything less than F-seats, and then only A or K. They can keep the E/F seats

But if you feel generous enough, your call
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Different lay out in 3-class 777 this fall?

Sorry if this is has been posted earlier. I tried searching, and have read the sticky's, seatguru and what have you...

Thing is I booked a CE/CW rt OSL-LHR-DEN in mid October 2010. When going in to book seats, the seat mat didn't match the seat maps on SeatGuru or those in the sticky's here.

The layout is like this on a 777:

1. vvvv
2. vv vvvv vv
3. vv vvvv vv
4. vv vvvv vv
5. vv galley vv

10. vv vvvv vv
11. vv vvvv vv

I am trying to figure out what seat to choose. one were no climbing skills is needed, yet still having the privacy of the window. So I am guessing 5 A/K or 11 A/K?

Anyone with experience on this layout?

Last edited by Fnate; Apr 11, 2010 at 2:38 am Reason: did does do - jitter
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:42 am

The LHR 3 class planes are all 48J and have the seat plan on ba.com.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...b/public/en_gb

Even thought they line up for some reason the centre rows are number 1 to 4 and the side ones 2 to 5.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Thanks. I really didn't get that looking at the drawings and seatmaps. So 5 A/K are probably the ones to go for then.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

BBB
61K is not all bad, I suppose. Though, it really comes down to whether you like your friend enough to relinquish 62K...
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:07 pm

My problem is that the cool breeze from the exit can - if the door doesn't fit that well - be more of an arctic gale than makes for very cold feet and lower legs. Cold enough that 2 pairs of sock and 2 duvets aren't enough to keep you warm.
Bring it on!!! Colder the better!

Originally Posted by Fnate
Thanks. I really didn't get that looking at the drawings and seatmaps. So 5 A/K are probably the ones to go for then.
Yes - they are great seats - 5A probably better than 5K as it is the other side of the loo.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by matthewuk
Bring it on!!! Colder the better!
Of course on BA that's a relative term. Cold probably equates to somewhere near lukewarm in my experience...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.