Seating Queries: First

Closed Thread

Old Jun 18, 14, 7:36 pm

On a 747, would you go for row 5 or 3A+4E+4F+3K?

On a 777, which 4 would you choose (assuming you can't get 1A)? It looks like from the center seats in row 2 you can have a pretty good view of what is going on at the window seats at row 2. Also from the center of 4 to the windows of 3 (and center 5 to windows at 4--- 17 seats configuration).
Old Jun 22, 14, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by NYC1 View Post
On a 747, would you go for row 5 or 3A+4E+4F+3K?

On a 777, which 4 would you choose (assuming you can't get 1A)? It looks like from the center seats in row 2 you can have a pretty good view of what is going on at the window seats at row 2. Also from the center of 4 to the windows of 3 (and center 5 to windows at 4--- 17 seats configuration).
I've decided to plump for row 5 for my wife and kids from SFO although I'm still toying with 1-4K. Any advice?
Old Jun 23, 14, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Hi all, we have booked our First-First to JFK for our mini-moon next year.

I would like a window seat, OH doesn't mind but wants to be able to see me from her seat.

Outbound is BA181 on a 777. All seats available to select except 1A/K (14F). Have 2A and 2E at the moment. Are these OK for being across the aisle from each other?

Inbound is BA114 on a 747. All seats available to select except 1A/K. Have 2A and 2K at the moment, OH is concerned that she may not be able to see me and they will be uncomfortably far apart. Thinking of changing to 4A & 4E or 5A & 5E as they look like they'll be closer together.

Any help/input is much appreciated!
Old Jun 23, 14, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc View Post
Hi all, we have booked our First-First to JFK for our mini-moon next year.

I would like a window seat, OH doesn't mind but wants to be able to see me from her seat.

Outbound is BA181 on a 777. All seats available to select except 1A/K (14F). Have 2A and 2E at the moment. Are these OK for being across the aisle from each other?

Inbound is BA114 on a 747. All seats available to select except 1A/K. Have 2A and 2K at the moment, OH is concerned that she may not be able to see me and they will be uncomfortably far apart. Thinking of changing to 4A & 4E or 5A & 5E as they look like they'll be closer together.

Any help/input is much appreciated!
My personal advice - as you're just married - is to take two seats in the middle on the 777. Call me old fashioned but you'll be able to hold hands and talk. On the 747 I would book the same but then try to get 1A/1K just before the flight if it's still available when it opens up. That's not a sensible option of course on the 777.
Old Jun 23, 14, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Thanks for the advice. TBH we aren't all that fussed about being right in a pair, it's more being nearby that we're looking for.

Any other pointers appreciated.
Old Jun 23, 14, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc View Post
TBH we aren't all that fussed about being right in a pair, it's more being nearby that we're looking for.
2EF is still a very good choice on the 777.

On the 747, I would personally avoid 4EF (too exposed) and 5EF (too close to the galley). I'd stick with 2AK; if she didn't want to be able to see you from her seat, then 2A/3A or 2K/3K would also be good seats "nearby" to each other.
Old Jun 23, 14, 6:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Silk Cut View Post
I've decided to plump for row 5 for my wife and kids from SFO although I'm still toying with 1-4K. Any advice?
I suppose its either a choice of say having the whole family aligned in one row (5) or not being to directly see each other as in 1-4K.

Do you all want a window seat?
Is it a daytime flight?
How old are the children?

If the windows/views are the preferred option 1-4 k sounds better in my humble opinion for that reason and also you are all in the same aisle.

Saying that the ages of the kids would come in as well though as if you need to keep an eye on them then row 5 would be best.

Do you have a choice of other seats in the F cabin?
Old Jun 23, 14, 11:54 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, SPG LT Plat, Hyatt and HH Diamond
Seating Queries: First

Soon off to PHX and back from YVR with two kids 8&10. Have booked 1A/K and 2A/K for both flights which I hope should work well ?

Secret hopes for OF to claim some Avios back ...
Old Jun 24, 14, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
I suppose its either a choice of say having the whole family aligned in one row (5) or not being to directly see each other as in 1-4K.

Do you all want a window seat?
Is it a daytime flight?
How old are the children?

If the windows/views are the preferred option 1-4 k sounds better in my humble opinion for that reason and also you are all in the same aisle.

Saying that the ages of the kids would come in as well though as if you need to keep an eye on them then row 5 would be best.

Do you have a choice of other seats in the F cabin?
I can see all seats except 2A. From my wife's account and booking (Blue), she also can't see 1A and 1K, so I assume I can automatically book one of the row 1 seats now without issue.
Flight leaves SFO at 16:40 and kids are 9 and 11
Old Jun 25, 14, 2:47 pm

Hi. Have managed to bag myself four (yes four!) awards seats LHR-BOM in August (probably due to season) in First.

What would people's suggestion be for seating outbound and inbound is 777 and I have booked 2,3,4 in K and 2F. Travelling is my wife and I. My dad and my sister. I am sitting opposite my wife.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 2, 14, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Solo traveler, 744, first-time F

It'll be my first time in F and traveling on 744.

Was in 2K but 1K just opened up so grabbed it for the novelty value.

Now having second thoughts as from pics it looks like I'm very close to 1A.

Solo travelers, what's your preference?
Old Jul 2, 14, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
It'll be my first time in F and traveling on 744.

Was in 2K but 1K just opened up so grabbed it for the novelty value.

Now having second thoughts as from pics it looks like I'm very close to 1A.

Solo travelers, what's your preference?
On a 744 2A or 2K are the most private. 1A/1K can be very close together but if you have never done it before grab your chance before the 744 dissappears.
Old Jul 7, 14, 4:52 am

best first seat 777

just managed to snag an avios LHR-ATL

1a and k
2 E & F

blanked out

any recommendations for next best ?
Old Jul 7, 14, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold/GGL/CCR, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
2K.

Better than 1A and 1K on a 777, more private and not sitting beside the bathroom or galley.
Old Jul 7, 14, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by bullroot View Post
2K.

Better than 1A and 1K on a 777, more private and not sitting beside the bathroom or galley.
I don't find the bathroom or galley in F particularly disruptive from 1A... it's not as though either is right next to the seat. What I do like about 1A is that the personal coat closet is much bigger, and indeed you can keep a small bag inside it on the floor (eliminating the need to get into the overhead bins during the flight). If changing into pyjamas, there's also room for all your clothing, which I wouldn't necessarily count on in the other seats' closets.

I've been in 1A and 2A and I personally would pick 1A whenever available.

Search this Thread