Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Is the 1E/F combo for a couple really that critical, vis a vis disturbance from the lavatory?

Are the dozen or so denizens of F on a 777 that incontinent?
Old May 10, 2014, 12:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by T8191
Is the 1E/F combo for a couple really that critical, vis a vis disturbance from the lavatory?

Are the dozen or so denizens of F on a 777 that incontinent?
I agree, I almost always sit in row 1 on the 777 and I've never been disturbed by pax/crew using the toilet.
Old May 12, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
I currently have selected 2K on BA113 LHR-JFK (744) and 1K on BA248 GIG-LHR (mostly 77W, sometimes 772).

Travelling solo, should I change to 2K on 248 (everything except 1A+2A is available)? Both 1A and 1K is available on 113, and I'm contemplating changing to 1K... would you say it's private enough even with a full cabin, or is 1A too close? Would've loved to try row 1 on a 744, but 2A/K seems to be more private in some of the photos I've seen.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Peppep
I currently have selected 2K on BA113 LHR-JFK (744) and 1K on BA248 GIG-LHR (mostly 77W, sometimes 772).

Travelling solo, should I change to 2K on 248 (everything except 1A+2A is available)? Both 1A and 1K is available on 113, and I'm contemplating changing to 1K... would you say it's private enough even with a full cabin, or is 1A too close? Would've loved to try row 1 on a 744, but 2A/K seems to be more private in some of the photos I've seen.
I prefer Row 1 if I'm traveling with someone, and either Row 2 or 3 when I'm alone. I think in Row 1 you're too close to the other person. Great if you want to be; not if you don't.

Row 3 probably has the most privacy, as the center service console is between you and the person across in Row 3 so no one is looking into your seat from their seat.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Row 1 in 744

I'm a newly minted oneworld Emerald with US Airways joining the alliance. I've been told that BA Gold and oneworld Emerald members can select seats in Row 1 in First on the 744 at any time prior to departure. Is this true?

I can't do it online, as my BAEC number is in the res and my status is on a OW partner.

I've called reservations, Executive Club and Web support and none of them could get it done due to a variety of "system issues." The last agent I spoke with at Web support said it's simply not possible to assign these seats until T-14 days. This isn't true, is it? On several flights I've monitored there are people already assigned 1A or 1K many months in advance.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I prefer Row 1 if I'm traveling with someone, and either Row 2 or 3 when I'm alone. I think in Row 1 you're too close to the other person. Great if you want to be; not if you don't.

Row 3 probably has the most privacy, as the center service console is between you and the person across in Row 3 so no one is looking into your seat from their seat.
Thanks! I'll probably go with 2K then.

I'm a newly minted oneworld Emerald with US Airways joining the alliance. I've been told that BA Gold and oneworld Emerald members can select seats in Row 1 in First on the 744 at any time prior to departure. Is this true?

I can't do it online, as my BAEC number is in the res and my status is on a OW partner.

I've called reservations, Executive Club and Web support and none of them could get it done due to a variety of "system issues." The last agent I spoke with at Web support said it's simply not possible to assign these seats until T-14 days. This isn't true, is it? On several flights I've monitored there are people already assigned 1A or 1K many months in advance.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Try on Twitter, they were surprisingly helpful. On a USDM redemption I wasn't able to change the FF#, tried MMB on BA, QR, QF and AY without being able to select 1K. The Twitter team changed my number to AA, where I'm Emerald, and selected my desired seat on my behalf.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Try asking them to remove your BA number and then it should work just fine.
At least that was my experience with a BA and an AA number in the reservation.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
My husband and I are on BA 0216 IAD-LHR next week in our first First. 4 E/F and 5/E are booked. We are currently in 4/K and 5/K. Would it be better to be in 5/F and 5/K , or stay where we are in 4 and 5 K?

Thanks!!
Old May 16, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
As this a quick overnight flight I would stay where you are, you can always dine using the buddy seat if you want to sit together.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by AHB260
My husband and I are on BA 0216 IAD-LHR next week in our first First. 4 E/F and 5/E are booked. We are currently in 4/K and 5/K. Would it be better to be in 5/F and 5/K , or stay where we are in 4 and 5 K?

Thanks!!
You don't say whether there are any other available seats in the cabin.

If 4K, 5F and 5K are the only available seats, then stick with 4K and 5k.

If anything is available in rows 2 or 3 then take those in preference to 5K.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Corpt
You don't say whether there are any other available seats in the cabin.

If 4K, 5F and 5K are the only available seats, then stick with 4K and 5k.

If anything is available in rows 2 or 3 then take those in preference to 5K.
Sorry, 4K, 5F, and 5K are the only available seats. I'll keep checking to see if anything opens up, but will likely stick with 4K and 5K.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:46 am

Flying with spouse and 2 young boys LHR-JFK. Row 5 is entirely free. 4 E, F and K are free (not A). All other seats are taken. Best choice? Row 5? 4EF and 5EF?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How young, probably best with 4EF and 5EF?
Old May 25, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Advice appreciated please, best seats for 5 in F (wife and I, with 3 big kids) on the A380? All 5 are GCHs, so 1A 1K no problem.

On the outward 2EF already taken, so 3EF with 1A 2A 3A?

On the return the cabin is wide open - as above?
Or 2EF with 1A 2A 3A?
Or all across the front 1A 1K 2E 2F with 2A?
Old May 25, 2014, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
How young, probably best with 4EF and 5EF?
8 and 6, and Ipad focused...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.