Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:03 am
09R

Sorry me again,

on a 747 in new F, if I amsitting in 5F where is the baby (while in the bassinet) in relation to me? behind me? on my footstool?

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Sorry me again,

on a 747 in new F, if I amsitting in 5F where is the baby (while in the bassinet) in relation to me? behind me? on my footstool?

Thanks!

The bassinet clips in the area between the tv screen and the footrest so you will be able to get your feet underneath to use the footrest, but the TV screen won't be able to be out.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:24 am
09R

thanks for that. So why does it have to be 5F? Can't it clip onto any seat? Or does only 5F have the clipping facilities?

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:46 am

thanks for that. So why does it have to be 5F? Can't it clip onto any seat? Or does only 5F have the clipping facilities?

Thanks!
As far as I know only 5F has the fittings for a bassinet - one of the BA insiders may have an answer why although I suspect one or two others may hypothesise in their absence.........
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver, Marriot Silver
Opinions needed please. The OH and I for the first time ever travelling in F to NYC in July on a 744. I've read all the stickies, best seats etc and we are doing 4EF on the way out and 2AK on the way back as we currently have the pick of the cabin both ways. My question is as a gold I have the option of 1AK. It looks cramped in the new cabin and 2AK from reviews seem the best seats generally. But it's a 744 and my favourite plane and having never done F before should I book 1K for me (wifey stays in 2K) just for the nostalgia value with the 744 slowly being retired?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
1E/F or 2E/F on 777?

We've just booked 2 award tickets and have a choice of 1 E/F or 2 E/F. This is our first 777 F flight. Any opinions on which pair are better?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
alwaysTravelling It really comes down to how much you enjoy seeing and talking to your better half.. You can see each other from 2AK but not really converse. They are the most private in the cabin for a lone traveller. 1AK means you can talk without raising voices, plus has a great view out the window due to the curvature of the fuselage. Westbound K seats normally have better scenery too.

Last edited by courtster; Jan 2, 2014 at 6:42 am
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Jennyjo
We've just booked 2 award tickets and have a choice of 1 E/F or 2 E/F. This is our first 777 F flight. Any opinions on which pair are better?
They are much of a muchness, I suppose on the B772 row 1 is handiest for the toilet!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: BA, LH
Always worth looking at seatguru.com - a very useful site if not known to you. Cannot account for personal preference, but shows some of the more common seat problems.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks Tobias-UK and mlb7171 - it looks like it's six of one and half a dozen of the other!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

Thanks!
Bassinet in action

Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by alwaysTravelling
Opinions needed please. The OH and I for the first time ever travelling in F to NYC in July on a 744. I've read all the stickies, best seats etc and we are doing 4EF on the way out and 2AK on the way back as we currently have the pick of the cabin both ways. My question is as a gold I have the option of 1AK. It looks cramped in the new cabin and 2AK from reviews seem the best seats generally. But it's a 744 and my favourite plane and having never done F before should I book 1K for me (wifey stays in 2K) just for the nostalgia value with the 744 slowly being retired?
Row 1 is noisy on the 747, in my opinion
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
IMO either are ok for couples. Perhaps you can try row 1 on the way out and 2 on the way back.

If your on an overnight though you may want to pick row 2 and row 1 for daytime.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
I'm also flying with my wife and two kids (9 and 11) in First next year and am unsure of which seats to choose. Rows 1 and 2 were considered but I am the sole GC holder which effectively rules out guaranteed seats in 1.
Mrs Silk Cut would prefer EF seating but its the other two seats that I can't decide upon- is all row 5 best or would 4A, 5A, 5E and 5F be preferable (I don't want all of the EF seats)?
After some deliberation, I've plumped for the entire 5th row- we can bunch up to eat together and my kids are as far out of the way as possible in F if they start to play up ......
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold,HH Gold, Flying Club Gold, SAS Gold
Seating Queries: First

Old First on ba 285 this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.