Seating Queries: First

Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

If you have a spare day, have a read of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html

But it's all down to personal choice really - some people prefer to sit together and will take 4E & F, or 1A & K if they're available at T-72 so that both have a window, while some prefer to sit behind each other and use the buddy seat.

Depending on your route, if there's a 777 option I would personally take that - I find F in the 777 much more spacious, especially with the buddy seat, over the 747
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
1A and 1K are good for a couple but often taken by G as they are quite Private

4 or 5 E&F are Pairs and as long as you don't want window good, though 5 is noisier as nearer galley.

Ms BTC and I sometimes take 5A 5E or 5F 5K when we cannot get 1A 1K (I Gold she Blue) as I do not mind middle and she gets a window and we are close enough to interact
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Ms BTC and I sometimes take 5A 5E or 5F 5K when we cannot get 1A 1K (I Gold she Blue) as I do not mind middle and she gets a window and we are close enough to interact
I take this option over the EF pairs too, not having to walk around the galleys is a bigger draw to me than being able to lean forward for a quick chat
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:00 am

Hi all,
me and my wife are flying first for the same time and we are flying on a 777-200. We have currently booked 2E and 2F - are these seats okay?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dej23
Hi all,
me and my wife are flying first for the same time and we are flying on a 777-200. We have currently booked 2E and 2F - are these seats okay?

Thanks in advance
Hi dej23,

My wife and I flew those seats on the same plane out to Chicago earlier this year, if you want to sit together they're the best seats in the cabin in my opinion
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:07 am

I've just booked f for LHR-LAS for 2, on 30/9/13 how do I find which plane type we will be on please.

TIA
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Angelamc
I've just booked f for LHR-LAS for 2, on 30/9/13 how do I find which plane type we will be on please.

TIA

Hi Angelamc,

If you go into manage my booking and click on the flight segment, then 'More flight information' -that will give you the type of plane. Alternatively, click 'view/change allocated seats' and then navigate to the seat reservation screen for that flight, and you'll see a seatmap and an aircraft type, like this one.

For the LHR-LAS flights it is currently scheduled to be a B 747.

Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Hi dej23,

My wife and I flew those seats on the same plane out to Chicago earlier this year, if you want to sit together they're the best seats in the cabin in my opinion
thanks
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:28 am

Thanks very much
Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:50 am

well after reserving seating 4E & 4F, logged in this morning to see how full our cabin would be and was most pleasantly surprised to see we had been moved to seats 1A & 1K.

Is this usual? If not I can only put this down to the lovely lady I spoke to last week regarding upgrading our inbound flight. She enquired If I was looking forward to my holiday and I began telling her how exited I was to be in the F cabin for the 1st time.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You normally not be be moved unless you have requested a change of seat.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:51 pm

Well that was disappointing!

Just went to check in online and although manage my booking is showing us as confirmed in 1a and 1k when I move to the screen to print boarding passes we are now in 5e and 5F

I originally selected 4e and 4f, so not sure why we are playing musical chairs, but I guess if the boarding pass says we are in 5e and 5f that is where we shall be.

Must confess I did get excited and thought we would both have a window view when landing in Las Vegas

Last edited by Angelamc; Sep 29, 2013 at 2:59 pm
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
First Class Seats on 777

Which would be the best first class seats on the 777 for a couple flying together. My wife tends to sleep more than me so would we be better off in two middle seats or single seats near the window.

This is for a flight next May from LHR-ORD I just booked using AA miles. My first and maybe last time in international first class.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:41 pm

The best seat is 2K (2A if you're left handed). Little further from the galley, so less light/noise disturbance than row 1. For interaction with your wife the middle seats would probably be best, but you should be aware that all seats are designed to ensure privacy and if you want to have a proper chat or share a meal you might want to use the buddy seat anyway.

In the end I wouldn't worry too much. There are no bad seats in First.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
First Class Seats on 777

I'd agree with 2K. When flying back from
NRT my mother was in 1J (pr whatever front middle right is) and we could awkwardly hold a conversation. But not recommended.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.