Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread - Strike re-routes/other carriers offered

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This thread is for actual re-route and accomodation offered during the strike. Please keep this solely to actual experiences and join the discussion of the commercial policy in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...al-policy.html

Last edited by Swanhunter; Feb 22, 2010 at 1:19 pm
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:24 am

Flights on the 31st

I have just moved my F HKG 2-4-1 from March 31 to April 2 and was able to move my return flight as well. They are offering any available seat on any available flight. Waited about 5 mins on the silver phone line 0800 408 0009.

Very helpful and efficient.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:34 am

Flight on the 30th

Am booked on the 30th in F to DXB, You First offered to move me to flight on the 31st or later if I wanted. (2-4-1 FYI) Have decided to wait a while before making my mind up
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Blue.
EDI - LHR was re-routed to LCY - even although the flight back is outwith the dates.

Very quick and super efficient. Well done BA.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold HH Gold
I have 2 award tickets in F booked to LAX on the 30th. You First offered to move them to the 31st and confirmed that they did not need to book into a redemption fare bucket. I decided to wait as I have pre paid hotel for the night of the 30th and a car being delivered 31st am. When I asked if they were looking to move passengers to other carriers if the flight was cancelled he said they were in talks with One World partners. May be a chance to try the Flagship Suite?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:26 am

I have now changed my flights - but I was offered some crazy routes, if I was travelling alone without a 5 and 8 year old I might have gone for one of them

originally JER - LGW LGW-TPA
offered JER-LGW LCY-JFK JFK-Mexico then Mexico to TPA how many miles/points would that have been great Free points run but 26 hours er no. There was also another route via MAN and Mexico even more connections crazy, I did really pause though as I do want to fly LCY-JFK, I will have to do it in the summer.

anyway now flying JER -LGW LGW MCO then on the way back via TPA.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Just processed change of my F NCL-LHR-HKG from 20th to 19th in less than 5 minutes via YouFirst ^^

Even got me booked into the same seats and updated the cabana booking to reflect the date change while I was on the phone
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by joejet
offered JER-LGW LCY-JFK JFK-Mexico then Mexico to TPA how many miles/points would that have been great Free points run but 26 hours er no. There was also another route via MAN and Mexico even more connections crazy, I did really pause though as I do want to fly LCY-JFK, I will have to do it in the summer.
So they are already offering re-routes onto other carriers???
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by AGSF
So they are already offering re-routes onto other carriers???
Yep well AA in this case for the Mexico legs

Joejet
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
upgrade or downgrade?

I am travelling with my daughter to hong kong on monday 22nd
booked in WT+

there are two flights a day and we were booked on the earlier one which was cancelled
the later flight showed avaiability in CW and WT but not WT+ so could not transfer online

waited 70 mins on phone for customer service - still not answered
so called gold card line but am not gold card holder!
they said no avaiability in CW on later flight and put us in WT

online shows there is availability in CW
should i phone again and ask them to look again?

also what refund should i expect if put down a class?

nb first time poster so be kind!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
LGW-INN in CE on 20th now LH LHR-FRA (Business)/FRA-INN (Economy as only Y2 left). Super-efficient man on Gold line.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
upgrade downgrade

found a freefone number on faq
and yipee they have upgraded us
very pleased!
now hope return journey not cancelled too
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:10 pm

LHR-LAX in WTP on BA, connecting to SAN on AA 21/3.

Rebooked LHR-DFW on BA, connecting to SAN on AA.

TA-issued; took 45 minutes on hold with TA holding themselves, and then speaking contemporaneously to BA.

TA was unaware that re-booking was an option, nor that re-booking on to other BA services now scheduled to operate was possible.

TA one of the biggest of its type (which makes their lack of commercial policy awareness slightly worrying) and I'm confident that being insanely polite and having reasonably live availability and alternative routings to hand helped enormously in achieving the re-booking.

Just hope that it's not out of the frying pan and into the fire!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
Mrs KEATM - due on 22MAR from JNB in Club on Miles - offered CPT (where we will be anyway) in Club - no problem - super efficient and friendly on Gold Line - no issue made of fact she's not gold - about 20 mins wait on phone trying to get through
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:56 am

Unhappy

We are due to fly LHR to MIA on flight BA0209 on the 27th, i notice that this flight has been cancelled on the 20th and also the earlier flight that day BA0207 has also been cancelled so i suppose i can assume that the same thing will happen on the 27th. What would you do?? i have been looking forward to this family holiday for so long, infact i have been recovering from a serious operation and this has been the light at the end of a very long dark tunnel for me. I thought my biggest hurdle was going to be getting fit and well enough for my doctor to give me the okay to fly but instead the biggest stress has been "will the plane actually fly" Ive got two redemption seats in First and two paid for seats in club world so even if i get a refund its going to cost me considerably more to rebook elsewhere. Ive got to cancel my hotel by this Thursday to avoid paying 50% of the charges. Ive also got to cancel my car hire, and i doubt that i can get a refund on the universal park passes that i have purchased. I just feel so stressed out and upset by the whole thing!! Sorry i just needed a rant with people who are in the same position as me!!!! This is such a nightmare, i just dont know what to do!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.