Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room access with overnight layover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Flying into LHR in F, arriving on a Saturday afternoon. Then departing for PRG the next morning. There are flights I could talk b/w Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, but I want to stay in London for the night. Also, the LHR - PRG ticket will be not be under the same PNR as the F ticket to LHR.

Question: Is Concorde Room access permitted on the next day? It seems like it would be pushing it to ask for access, but perhaps the rules allow it?

PS -- I feel like this question has been asked and answered, but I searched for 30 minutes, and couldn't find anything.

Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by AGSF
Flying into LHR in F, arriving on a Saturday afternoon. Then departing for PRG the next morning. There are flights I could talk b/w Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, but I want to stay in London for the night. Also, the LHR - PRG ticket will be not be under the same PNR as the F ticket to LHR.

Question: Is Concorde Room access permitted on the next day? It seems like it would be pushing it to ask for access, but perhaps the rules allow it?

PS -- I feel like this question has been asked and answered, but I searched for 30 minutes, and couldn't find anything.

Thanks.
I think you have to be departing on another flight on the same day, so I think you will be out of luck.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
No CCR access the next day, it has to be a same day connection.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It doesn't actually have to be a same day connection - access to the CCR would be granted if the connecting flight the next day was the soonest available flight. In this case, as it isn't, you won't be able to access the CCR.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
It doesn't actually have to be a same day connection - access to the CCR would be granted if the connecting flight the next day was the soonest available flight. In this case, as it isn't, you won't be able to access the CCR.
Really? We didn't take the next available domestic flight up to MAN, but were granted access coming off a PHX flight in First.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by trickster
Really? We didn't take the next available domestic flight up to MAN, but were granted access coming off a PHX flight in First.
Was your flight to MAN the same day you arrived from PHX, or was it the following day? I think any same day connection is fine, even if there are earlier available flights. But it seems that an overnight connection is not okay unless there was no available flight the previous day that you could have connected to.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by trickster
Same day connections don't have to be the soonest available connecting flight, whereas overnighters do.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
That's at least twice you've said this now, but where are you getting it from? I have yet to see anything official about this AFAIK and, frankly, find it hard
to believe it's going to fly. Can you imagine arguing this with the poor desk agent who has no knowledge of what the next/first connections could have been (especially on days without daily flights where that answer might vary from day to day). The OW site - which is where this 'connecting access' rule comes from (albeit BA's rules are a bit more generous in that they apply to connecting CE flights as well not just CW/F longhaul) just says 'to connect to or from' which isn't very helpful.

I can see it being logical that 'connection' might be extended to apply to the normal definition of such (i.e., <24hr stopover) but again think that would be a hard sell to the lounge agent unless this is a clearly written rule. I've never seen it I don't think.

Maybe Nicci can confirm one way or another, once and for all, the time limit on 'connecting' access.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:01 am

Just checked on the Intranet and its same day only.

• BRITISH AIRWAYS INBOUND FIRST (INC UPGRADES) CONNECTING ONTO ANY BA SERVICE IN ANY CABIN, SAME DAY + 1 GUEST
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
That's at least twice you've said this now, but where are you getting it from? I have yet to see anything official about this AFAIK and, frankly, find it hard
to believe it's going to fly.
If you read Fraser's trip report here, he was granted access on the next day based on his incoming flight in F. I realise that this is a bit of a tenuous link which I can't personally verify, but it would seem logical that if on the same PNR and the connecting flight is the soonest available after the incoming flight (whether that is same day or next), then access be granted. I too would like some official confirmation.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I too would like some official confirmation.
*Looks up*
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
If you read Fraser's trip report here, he was granted access on the next day based on his incoming flight in F. I realise that this is a bit of a tenuous link which I can't personally verify, but it would seem logical that if on the same PNR and the connecting flight is the soonest available after the incoming flight (whether that is same day or next), then access be granted. I too would like some official confirmation.
Just a quick point, the OP says the two bookings will not be on the same PNR.

Trekster's response seems to answer any queries though.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by AGSF
Was your flight to MAN the same day you arrived from PHX, or was it the following day?
Same day, as the PHX flight got in around 7am. We didn't rush back to Manchester, but got a flight about lunchtime.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
As a matter of common sense, you would hope anything BA sold as a connection would give you "connecting flight" benefits. But whether this happens in practice, who knows!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I suppose same day would be taken literally - so if I arrive into LHR early in the morning and take the last flight to say FRA I should have access ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.