Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
Is there any rhyme or reason as to where these 86J 744's are flying in the USA in case one wanted to attempt to book on one? I assume larger markets, like ORD, JFK, etc. Any west coast or is it all just subject to availability?
Take a look at the Wiki on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...led-out-3.html
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Originally Posted by golfmad
Take a look at the Wiki on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...led-out-3.html
Thanks! I was unaware of the thread. Probably lots of other BA threads I wish I new about.....
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:40 am

Is there any rhyme or reason as to where these 86J 744's are flying in the USA in case one wanted to attempt to book on one? I assume larger markets, like ORD, JFK, etc. Any west coast or is it all just subject to availability?
I've been booked on 3 service due to operated by the 86J 747 but all had last minute equipment changes so don't get your hopes up.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Calum
I've been booked on 3 service due to operated by the 86J 747 but all had last minute equipment changes so don't get your hopes up.
Ha ha, I have zero hope given that my main point of departure is Phx and I suspect the 86J would only fly to PHX because of a tech issue with assigned aircraft. Occasionally I will connect out of west coast, LAX (380) or now SAN with 744 aircraft. LAS is also a possibility if F is not available on my direct from PHX. I am curious what the future holds for PHX, LAS and SAN when the 744 retirements continue. Which new aircraft is the odds on favorite for these routes? Too early to tell I suspect.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:12 pm

Ha ha, I have zero hope given that my main point of departure is Phx and I suspect the 86J would only fly to PHX because of a tech issue with assigned aircraft. Occasionally I will connect out of west coast, LAX (380) or now SAN with 744 aircraft. LAS is also a possibility if F is not available on my direct from PHX. I am curious what the future holds for PHX, LAS and SAN when the 744 retirements continue. Which new aircraft is the odds on favorite for these routes? Too early to tell I suspect.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:11 am

Why is there no timetable or news of any kind from BA regarding the upgrading of the IFE systems in F the rest of the 744 frames to match the super high J product? With no upgrade, at this point we are talking about many years with an inconsistent as well as inferior product in F. Seats basically the same so what does one do on a long haul flight....use the IFE system.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Why is there no timetable or news of any kind from BA regarding the upgrading of the IFE systems in F the rest of the 744 frames to match the super high J product? With no upgrade, at this point we are talking about many years with an inconsistent as well as inferior product in F. Seats basically the same so what does one do on a long haul flight....use the IFE system.
Presumably BA don't want to spend money on upgrading aircraft that will be leaving the fleet. BA don't make any claim to having a specific IFE across the fleet so it is a case of putting up with whatever is offered, it is generally no better/worse than that offered in the 777 200/ERs.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:42 am

Is there a thread/post which compares 1st class in the 747 vs 388? I booked a LHR-MIA flight for next March on the 747 that departs in the afternoon. The schedule now shows 388. I love the 747, especially the 747 on CX when it was flying.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Is there a thread/post which compares 1st class in the 747 vs 388? I booked a LHR-MIA flight for next March on the 747 that departs in the afternoon. The schedule now shows 388. I love the 747, especially the 747 on CX when it was flying.
I would consider the A380 an upgrade. Much more room, a very spacious cabin. I much prefer it to the 747, indeed when traveling to LAS I fly via LAX just to take the A380.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.