Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

G-VIIU is currently standing at the north end of T5C. It is quite an easy one to identify from the outside, several window blanks have been added between doors 1 and 2. I only managed a passing glimpse but it looks like every third window is blanked. Presume the 744s will receive similar treatment.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by Prospero
G-VIIU is currently standing at the north end of T5C. It is quite an easy one to identify from the outside, several window blanks have been added between doors 1 and 2. I only managed a passing glimpse but it looks like every third window is blanked. Presume the 744s will receive similar treatment.
Probably...easy to spot, then, like the 74A's on Cathay Pacific...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Looks like G-VIIU has done the following destinations since 9th Feb (latest at top):

Seattle
Chicago
Jeddah
Dubai
Bombay
Bombay
Seattle
Nairobi
Muscat
Abu Dhabi
Washington
Boston
Washington
Dubai :-)
Boston
Atlanta
Toronto
Seattle
Chicago
JFK
Chicago
Philadelphia
JFK
Chicago
Seattle
Chicago
Seattle
Chicago
Chicago

I still can't believe its 2 months before another aircraft is fitted. Seems like a random rule when other airlines have a much quicker fitout processes with the introduction of new seats. Surely the seats are substantially tested before being installed.

Looks like its now doing random worldwide routes. Enter the NF lottery. Fingers crossed.....

Last edited by YClass; Mar 8, 2010 at 8:52 am Reason: Added routes.....
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
Hmmm, I saw the pictures of the mock up and could see only 2 windows there. So each seat in F is going to lose one window? Shame for 1A / 1K
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:41 am

Which 777 version

Does this plane have 17 seats in F or is it the 777 with 14 seats?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Does this plane have 17 seats in F or is it the 777 with 14 seats?
14 I believe...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 5:12 am

Then no chance of me seeing it next trip
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:04 am

So have they upgraded the rest of the plane to the Thales AVOD system or what?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Nairobi and Abu Dhabi / Muscat seem to have been done too now. Now if it can just do Dubai again this week...

http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viiu/
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Nairobi and Abu Dhabi / Muscat seem to have been done too now. Now if it can just do Dubai again this week...

http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viiu/
Welcome to FT
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: british airways
Originally Posted by kpriestnal
Did this F experience stand out - Yes because we had a great Purser and CC
So true, there's a very limited choice of aircraft, the food is usually not as good as a M&S 10 for 2 offer (even if the wine is way, way better) but the flights I remember are the ones with great crew, sometimes upstairs but just as likely to be downstairs (when I was annoyed not to be upstairs, but ultimately glad I wasn't) or even towards the back. At the front, the view is great but sadly lazy, absent crew would be as well left behind.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
In the CCR just seen the new seat, very nice, it's apparently off to Dubai today and the attendent giving the demo stated it was 'off around the world'
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Wich BA routes has the new F suites?

I am planning an AONE4 for next month and would like to experience the new BA F product.
does either ba010 or ba289 have been upgrated?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by david-alexis
I am planning an AONE4 for next month and would like to experience the new BA F product.
There is no way of knowing which route will have it.

At the moment, there is one 777 and soon a 747 with it embodied, and they rotate as required.

You will not know in advance I am afraid. If you book F seats, you will most likely have the original First cabin. Until the testing and certification in finished, then there will be no more aircraft fitted with the new seats.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
Erm, Suites is a bit misleading for the new BA F product isn't it given what that means on EK/SQ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.