Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
It has now been 6 weeks since I reached the $30,000 spend and a month since the statement closing date and still no voucher in my BA account. I have e-mailed Chase twice asking if the voucher had been transmitted to BA and all I get is a ridiculous response "Call BA". I've received these vouchers in the past and they have always posted to my BA account within 10-14 days after I reached the $30,000 spend. This voucher will be totally useless to me if I don't have it by October 3rd as that is when availability for our trip in October 2018 will open up. Advice to others: achieve the $30,000 spend several months before you plan to use the voucher.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Im in the same boat regarding the voucher.

Its been 7 + weeks and I also got the pointless" call BA" remark

I wonder what is going on here?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I hit the 30k spend mark 2-3 weeks ago and still no voucher.

My current statement closed on 23rd Sept and miles appeared today (24th) but still no voucher.

Based on my previous experiences the miles used to post pretty soon after the 30k target met and before statement generation.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I hit the 30k spend mark 2-3 weeks ago and still no voucher.

My current statement closed on 23rd Sept and miles appeared today (24th) but still no voucher.

Based on my previous experiences the miles used to post pretty soon after the 30k target met and before statement generation.
Now they say it is 4-6 weeks after the closing date of the billing period during which you earned the voucher. So don't depend on seeing it much before November 5th.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:54 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
This must be a policy change. I'm in the same boat as others here.

Last December I received my certificate 6 days after hitting $30,000
(before my statement even closed)

Now it has been almost a month and I still haven't received it.

I'm glad I decided to hit the threshold early this year since I was planning to use it in November.

Hopefully I will receive it by then.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
We were at $28,900 as of the billing cycle ending 9/21, so we should cross over the $30k mark during this billing cycle. I'll be sure to check in when (if?) our voucher posts.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Last year, I crossed the $30K threshold in late June-ish and received the voucher on 6th July - the credit card statement closing was the 10th July. No delays, and almost same-day posting.

This year, the $30K threshold was reached on September 16th, and nothing has appeared as of of today. Hopefully, when I receive the statement on the 10th, there will be mention of the voucher. I suppose the question is when will the new voucher expire? Will it be from the date of issue or the date the $30k threshold was reached?
I have noted that, "When will I receive my Travel Together Ticket?
Once you reach your Spend Target an e-voucher (“Travel Together Ticket”) will automatically be added to your BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for posting.
" so I guess we'll see.

Last edited by Skyline; Oct 5, 2017 at 3:17 pm
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:04 pm

The Terms and Conditions answer the vast majority of the questions on this thread, including the calculation of the expiration date:
"When the Member has reached the Spend Target an e-voucher (“Travel Together Ticket ”) will automatically be added to their BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. The e-voucher will be valid from the date on which it appears on the Member’s Executive Club account and will be valid for 24 months."
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The Terms and Conditions answer the vast majority of the questions on this thread, including the calculation of the expiration date:
"When the Member has reached the Spend Target an e-voucher (“Travel Together Ticket ”) will automatically be added to their BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. The e-voucher will be valid from the date on which it appears on the Member’s Executive Club account and will be valid for 24 months."
I think the point is that, traditionally, it has appeared much, much sooner than 4-6 weeks, despite that being the official line.

The last two we had, strangely enough, were both issued on September 6th. I'd have to look back at 2015 and 2016 to tell you when we reached $30k, but I'm pretty sure that, traditionally, it's been in August sometime.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The terms & conditions now state it will post 4-6 weeks after the closing date of the statement during which the $30,000 spend was achieved, and mine did not post until then and only after I escalated my issue with Chase.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Skyline
Last year, I crossed the $30K threshold in late June-ish and received the voucher on 6th July - the credit card statement closing was the 10th July. No delays, and almost same-day posting.

This year, the $30K threshold was reached on September 16th, and nothing has appeared as of of today. Hopefully, when I receive the statement on the 10th, there will be mention of the voucher. I suppose the question is when will the new voucher expire? Will it be from the date of issue or the date the $30k threshold was reached?
I have noted that, "When will I receive my Travel Together Ticket?
Once you reach your Spend Target an e-voucher (“Travel Together Ticket”) will automatically be added to your BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for posting.
" so I guess we'll see.
Low and behold, approximately 4 weeks after reaching the threshold, the voucher posted on October 13th. So the expiry is the date of issue and not the date the $30K was reached. Patience is a virtue
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Skyline
Low and behold, approximately 4 weeks after reaching the threshold, the voucher posted on October 13th. So the expiry is the date of issue and not the date the $30K was reached. Patience is a virtue
Mr. J's companion voucher also posted on 10/13 and by my estimates he should have reached the 30K mark during the last 2 weeks of Sept. during a trip to Italy. I wonder if they issue them on certain dates each month.

Glad to hear yours arrived!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by JayeJ
Mr. J's companion voucher also posted on 10/13
Ours also posted on 10/13. ^
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:45 pm

Mine posted about a month after I hit $30,000.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Mine posted on 10/13, around 5 weeks after I passed the 30k threshold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.