Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
The BA website no longer allows selecting the "one-way" box if the "redeem a voucher" box is checked. Has anyone been able to book a one-way (outbound flight once it becomes available) since this change? Thanks
I just did a dummy booking a few moments ago, redeeming a voucher for a one-way outbound trip, no problem. Easy peasy.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I just did a dummy booking a few moments ago, redeeming a voucher for a one-way outbound trip, no problem. Easy peasy.
Thanks, Steve. I was playing around. If you use the screen that you get automatically when I sign into BA, it does not allow it. But if I hit the "redeem" button by my evoucher, it allows it. I wonder if BA is trying to stop the redemption of one-ways on-line, and have changed one but not the other? I hope this still works in Sept when I will want to use my 2for1
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
The BA website no longer allows selecting the "one-way" box if the "redeem a voucher" box is checked. Has anyone been able to book a one-way (outbound flight once it becomes available) since this change? Thanks
Yes, I don't understand this either. The absolute last thing I want to do is book a one way and then find that calling BA to add the return (with a fee, I understand) and using the Chase Companion award is refused and I lose my outbound award space Has ANYONE been denied using the Chase Companion Award AFTER the outbound space has been booked at normal award levels and when attempting to add the return space and THEN applying the companion award ??
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Yes, I don't understand this either. The absolute last thing I want to do is book a one way and then find that calling BA to add the return (with a fee, I understand) and using the Chase Companion award is refused and I lose my outbound award space Has ANYONE been denied using the Chase Companion Award AFTER the outbound space has been booked at normal award levels and when attempting to add the return space and THEN applying the companion award ??
The 2-4-1 voucher must be applied at time of initial booking -- it cannot be applied retroactively.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Thanks, Steve. I was playing around. If you use the screen that you get automatically when I sign into BA, it does not allow it. But if I hit the "redeem" button by my evoucher, it allows it. I wonder if BA is trying to stop the redemption of one-ways on-line, and have changed one but not the other? I hope this still works in Sept when I will want to use my 2for1
@Chuckles, it's been like this for a very long time. I remember posting about it several years ago. I don't think anything has changed recently or is likely to change in the near future.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
@Chuckles, it's been like this for a very long time. I remember posting about it several years ago. I don't think anything has changed recently or is likely to change in the near future.
^^^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:03 pm

I'm still confused. Can I or can I not book the outbound space, then call 3 weeks later to add the return space and then use the Chase companion certificate? Or, use the certificate when booking just the outbound flights and then call and add the return 3 weeks later?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I'm still confused. Can I or can I not book the outbound space, then call 3 weeks later to add the return space and then use the Chase companion certificate? Or, use the certificate when booking just the outbound flights and then call and add the return 3 weeks later?
You can do the latter. You cannot do the former.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
i have met the $30,000 spend for this year. where on the BA website will the notification of the Award show up?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by geezersrule
i have met the $30,000 spend for this year. where on the BA website will the notification of the Award show up?
Executive Club -> My Executive Club and then scroll down to My eVouchers.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:19 pm

thank you golfed. any idea how long it takes for the eVoucher to post on BA website?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by geezersrule
thank you golfed. any idea how long it takes for the eVoucher to post on BA website?
4-6 weeks. See the FAQ here:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ravel-together
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:22 pm

thanks again golfmad
golfmad likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:45 am

Has anyone had actual experience this year and can say how long it took for your 2-4-1 voucher to post? The last one I did at the beginning of 2016 took only 7 days. I am waiting for a new one to post and it's been 3 weeks since the $30,000 spend was reached.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I'll add my own 2017 data point any week now... been about 3 weeks since the spend but only a week since the statement closed. In my case though, I'll take the delay; hopefully gives me longer to use it in 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.