Search

Restricted seats in Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; Priority Club Platinum
Restricted seats in Club World

Hi,

I'm finding that my fav seats in CW are restricted and unavailable to any elite members even 4 months in advance of the flight. Those seats would be the window seats in the last row of CW....depending on cabin setup but often seats 15A or 15K. I was able to find out why (maybe?) today talking to exec club. They think the seats are restricted by BA because people with infants might need them. Of course there are other seats similarly equipped.

Anyway my question is when these seats are finally released so that I could change to one of them via manage my booking? I'm hoping it's a little ahead of the 24 hr. window since I'd like a better shot at them than that.

So, does anyone know when BA releases these seats? TX
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by canalgal
Hi,

I'm finding that my fav seats in CW are restricted and unavailable to any elite members even 4 months in advance of the flight. Those seats would be the window seats in the last row of CW....depending on cabin setup but often seats 15A or 15K. I was able to find out why (maybe?) today talking to exec club. They think the seats are restricted by BA because people with infants might need them. Of course there are other seats similarly equipped.

Anyway my question is when these seats are finally released so that I could change to one of them via manage my booking? I'm hoping it's a little ahead of the 24 hr. window since I'd like a better shot at them than that.

So, does anyone know when BA releases these seats? TX
On the 777 these seats 15A and 15K are bassinet seats. They will be free at OLCI, or if you call BA with 72 hours notice. Unless there are infants booked of course, in which case some or all will be reserved.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks a bunch

That hint about 72 hours sounds like the right plan for me. Just what I wanted to know.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, SPG PLATINUM, MR GOLD, AX CENTURION, etc.
But keep in mind, that these seats have a missing window. So if you want to have a view, you will have to use the window that is a your legs.

But you have a lot of privacy. So sometimes (NA-LHR) I go for these seats too, sometimes (LHR-NA) not.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:47 am

Just travelled in 15K from HYD...great seat, even with a missing window. It came free at T-72. However, be warned that you are just a partition away from the front row of WT+, which is a bassinet row.

So you get 15K only if there is no baby in CW...but can still have a noisy flight! Three whingy shrieking babies in WT+ today - thank god for in-ear headphones and music to drown them out!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:15 am
Original Poster

The advice isn't working...what now?

I took the advice given about waiting until 72 hours pre flight and called BA exec club and they say there is no such thing. They say that the seats are currently unoccupied but the restriction won't come off until 24 hrs. online checkin.

Any chance that there is some actual rule I can cite? I know that there is a lot of misinformation at BA and it depends on who you happen to get on the phone.

Is anyone sure about this 72 hr. policy??? I would really like to snag o
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:20 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I took the advice given about waiting until 72 hours pre flight and called BA exec club and they say there is no such thing. They say that the seats are currently unoccupied but the restriction won't come off until 24 hrs. online checkin.

Any chance that there is some actual rule I can cite? I know that there is a lot of misinformation at BA and it depends on who you happen to get on the phone.

Try again and hope for another agent.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)

The agent is correct and there is no written rule regarding the release time of seats. Although most bassinet seats will be released at T-72 there's no guarantee of this, especially if there is a tentative booking which includes an infant. Some routes may attract a higher percentage of children/infants so they will keep them blocked for longer.

Best thing to do is keep checking from T-72 until OLCI opens at T-24.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
15A and K are not bassinet positions on the 777 they are 15EF.
CIHY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.