Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First pics?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

New First pics?

Admitedly, these are nothing to get excited over. Just received an OnBusiness email offering the usual free First from Club upgrade, but something new; these pictures don't look like the current First. I've blown them up a bit - hence the poor quality:

Nice sturdy bed - or is it an ironing board?

Yellow *blergh* or is it "Sunrise Gold"?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
They look exaclty like the old offering, haven't had the gold trim for a while now.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Can't see how you can tell anything from this photos.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
The pictures are all old, I've noticed on recent Executive Club emails they have the old sleeper suits, old china (silver trim), etc.

Surely it cannot be too hard for them to get new pictures taken?

If your trying to sell a product it helps if you show the up to date offering!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Oh dear, what a shame they're old! I know it was straw clutching, but I'm sure I can see a bit of the new blue theme in the bed picture.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:04 pm

I believe this is the only semi publicly released image of New First:

Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
I just don't understand what there is to get too excited about in that photo. OK yes, I like blue, but is a different colour and a more modern looking cabin too surprising given the current slightly dated First? Please shout if I'm missing anything obvious!

I've only ever flown club but maybe the new First could convince me, as I look at the picture I do see the cabin looks nice and 'spacey' and relaxing...and hopefully will have better IFE as provided by other airlines?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by Beansprout
I just don't understand what there is to get too excited about in that photo. OK yes, I like blue, but is a different colour and a more modern looking cabin too surprising given the current slightly dated First? Please shout if I'm missing anything obvious!

I've only ever flown club but maybe the new First could convince me, as I look at the picture I do see the cabin looks nice and 'spacey' and relaxing...and hopefully will have better IFE as provided by other airlines?
Well I guess my initial point was that BA is slowly preparing to replace the tired First product. This is just further proof I guess that it's getting closer - I know the pictures themselves are not exciting and I'm hardly salvating at the mouth

Last edited by Motors; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Motors
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Well I guess my initial point was that BA is slowly preparing to replace the tired First product. This is just further proof I guess that it's getting closer - I know the pictures themselves are not exciting and I'm hardly salvating at the mouth
The first photo is of the current seat and the second photo is of the old sleep suit.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Beansprout
I just don't understand what there is to get too excited about in that photo.
If it's excitement you want don't go looking at any pictures of LH F on a 747 then.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
The investor presentation book had three pictures of new F in it last year. There was the picture shown above, a picture of new washkits with a new (resurrected) F logo, and a close up picture of the seat in profile showing a lamp and a screen with the passenger's name on it.

I would expect we will be seeing more soon, since work and deliveries are to commence soon. If I understand it right, the first plane could be moving about in 6 weeks?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Pictures referenced above, nothing new though...

http://lassendasmountain.com/images/bafirst2.jpg

http://lassendasmountain.com/images/bafirst3.jpg

http://lassendasmountain.com/images/bafirst4.jpg
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:31 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Seems like I will be staying with CX to HKG and QF A380 to Singapore.

Sorry BA if you are Giving me Less AAdvantage Bonus Miles a Cosmetic Change for Your First Cabin is not going to sway me.

Now I just need QF to add A380 to BKK.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Seems like I will be staying with CX to HKG and QF A380 to Singapore.

Sorry BA if you are Giving me Less AAdvantage Bonus Miles a Cosmetic Change for Your First Cabin is not going to sway me.

Now I just need QF to add A380 to BKK.
Give them a chance! They haven't even launched the product yet.

An F seats costs many thousands of dollars/pounds/etc. It is not something to be assessed on the basis of 3 grainy Powerpoint slides from several months ago, that were almost certainly mock-ups of a work in progress and for all we know may bear little real resemblance to the real thing!

I wouldn't buy a new car based on a 30 second TV commercial. I equally won't be buying J or F seats (with miles or money) based on a couple of photos.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Nicksta
Pictures referenced above, nothing new though...

http://lassendasmountain.com/images/bafirst3.jpg

The washbags in that image have been in use for a few months now. I have two at home - so I'm sure someone could provide a better quality picture if anyone wants one. Mine are both a mid-blue colour though very definitely the same design.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.