Search

Getting a BA Executive Club Card (Blue)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Getting a BA Executive Club Card (Blue)

Hi,

I registered for the BA Executive club program in early December so that I could transfer points from my bank into it (RBC Avion 1.5x offer). I transfered in 80k RBC reward points today, so I should have 120k BA miles when the transaction is processed. I'll be taking a few flights on American Airlines in this year so I'd like to get those points to also go on the BA club card. Anyhow my question is how can I receive the basic Blue Executive club card? I know that I just need the number I have online, but it would be much easier for me if I had a physical card at home or in my wallet when I travel.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Have the card only used to check in a Heathrow machines once don't need it really to be honest, but I like having it anyway.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Have the card only used to check in a Heathrow machines once don't need it really to be honest, but I like having it anyway.
Thanks.

I realize I don't exactly need it. It's just more practical to have it with me than remember the number. Is it possible to e-mail BA and request the card?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
They send you one in the mail takes a few weeks though. I've memorized both my BA and AA Exec #'s anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
They send you one in the mail takes a few weeks though. I've memorized both my BA and AA Exec #'s anyway.
Now, that is scary
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:38 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Now, that is scary
I assumed everybody memorised their Primary Credit Card number and security code, their passport number and their Primary Loyalty Card number... I just wish I could remember the passport expiry now that the I94W asks for it.

Last edited by Deckard; Jan 13, 2010 at 12:41 am Reason: spelling correction
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:46 am

You normally get sent the card when the account hits 250 miles. So as soon as the points have transferred over, in your account "order a new stationary item". That should send your card the quickest.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Motors
...in your account "order a new stationary item".
Why do you want the poor OP to order something that isn't moving ?

I'd advise him to order a stationEry item myself...

/pedant

BAH
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Motors
You normally get sent the card when the account hits 250 miles. So as soon as the points have transferred over, in your account "order a new stationary item". That should send your card the quickest.
Not my experience. Cards just never showed regardless of how many miles and tier points were flown, until an order for them was submitted via the website.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Now, that is scary
Nope, me too.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Have the card only used to check in a Heathrow machines once
The first time I tried that, the machine then asked me for my credit card used to make the booking! D'oh!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Deckard
I assumed everybody memorised their Primary Credit Card number and security code, their passport number and their Primary Loyalty Card number... I just wish I could remember the passport expiry now that the I94W asks for it.
I can't remember the credit card number here because there are too many digits. I have a very bad number memory.

But I can remember my passport expiry date because BA bookings keep asking for it (because I don't credit my flights to BAEC, I can't get it to automatically complete the APIS info).
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the information everyone! Pretty nice forum you guys have going here.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by Deckard
me too,
except I know my passport expiry date as well
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I thought they'd stopped issuing Blue cards nowadays considering they have no real purpose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.