FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   itinerary with max .stops (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1037797-itinerary-max-stops.html)

sunseeker Jan 10, 2010 12:47 am

itinerary with max .stops

hi guys
i am sitting on like 400.000 BA miles and am planning to use it for
a fareast trip with mrs. sunseeker.
the idea is to visit as many countries/capitals as possible using miles
for a returntrip only.
example: LHR-BKK with Cathy including a stopover in HKG.

what else is possible?

thank you for your input...

karsten

sunseeker Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

please, gang...

dupe..

sunseeker Jan 10, 2010 2:42 pm

please, gang...

i am depending on your expert advice here..

karsten

LHR-HUB Jan 10, 2010 4:44 pm

If I could offer any expert advice, I would, and I'd imagine that others would, too.

I would guess (and it's just a guess) that you'd have to find a destination that has no BA direct service, and is best routed through HKG, otherwise you'll probably end up being booked via elsewhere.

Have you tried asking the question over on the CX board or OW?

colm Jan 10, 2010 5:39 pm

It'd probably help if you give us some other details, like when you want to go, and what class of service you want to travel in.

You should play around with the booking engine on ba.com to find out what's possible.

As a test, I've just put together LHR-HKG(BA)-BKK(CX)-DEL(CX)-LHR(BA) in Business class for 160000 miles per person, which would be in your budget. (this was for early February)

However, the ba.com engine doesn't seem to allow you to specify stopovers (unless I've missed something), so you probably have to call to book if it you want to spend time in each of the capitals.

Also, it seems to be difficult to get CX on the long part of the journeys. This may be possible by calling.

Colm

LHR-HUB Jan 10, 2010 5:53 pm

OT - CX J v BA CW

Hmm. CX on the LHR-HKG is a dilemma. I do this route 4 or 5 times a year and now go in CW in preference to CX cramped sardine-bone style J.
Yes, the service in CX is always excellent (BA as we know is sometimes excellent), the food and wine on CX is generally better, any op-up to F is obviously better on CX (not that I've ever had one being a lowly SCH) but I feel the CW seat is better (and in line with policy on this board, I'll also add "especially on the UD of the 744")
Downside of CX? The zoo that is T3 :td:

sunseeker Jan 11, 2010 1:55 am

plenty kudos..

thank you people, this was a great help for me already.
i will now at least know how to approach the BAEC guys.

thanks again!

karsten