Exact Location for T5 Arrivals Lounge

Old Jan 9, 10, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Question Exact Location for T5 Arrivals Lounge

Hello, I am visiting over from the AA forum and positing this on behalf of some friends.

They are flying BA256 from DEL to LHR in CW in March. They have 5 hours connection time before taking AA from LHR to JFK in coach. Checked luggage will be checked straight through from DEL to JFK.

They only have AA Gold status so no AA (free) lounge access at T3. They are looking for shower, and place to freshen up between the flights at LHR.

Questions:

1. How do you find the T5 Arrivals Lounge after customs? I have only been through T5 once and never went land side. Exact directions or signs to look out for so I can let them know.

2. How does the Spa work; do you sign up when you get the lounge? Is it complimentary with CW or is there a price?

3. I assume the BA departure lounge air-side in T3 won't let them in even though they came off a BA flight in CW (so the only option is to go land side at T5)?
Old Jan 9, 10, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold
Welcome to the BA forum
1. once you arrive it is well signposted, on the floor above where you come out of customs (there are elevators)

2. If you want to use the spa treatments make if the FIRST thing you do, as they will often fill up very quickly, then go and book in for a shower or get breakfast etc (which is really rather nice IMO) Although on the 256 they may not be able to get one as the arrivals lounge closes at 2:00pm....

3. I can't definitively answer this, although I'm sure someone else can. I know this is possible when coming from BA longhaul onto BA domestic...
Old Jan 9, 10, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by miles_navigator View Post
1. How do you find the T5 Arrivals Lounge after customs? I have only been through T5 once and never went land side. Exact directions or signs to look out for so I can let them know.
2. How does the Spa work; do you sign up when you get the lounge? Is it complimentary with CW or is there a price?
3. I assume the BA departure lounge air-side in T3 won't let them in even though they came off a BA flight in CW (so the only option is to go land side at T5)?
1. Take the elevators or escalators up to the next level, signposted 'British Airways lounge - Galleries Arrivals - by invitation only'.

2. Book as soon as in the lounge - free for all lounge-eligible passengers. The showers are separate from the Spa and there is no need to book.

Last edited by Genius1; Jan 9, 10 at 6:16 pm Reason: Remove mis-interpreted data.
Old Jan 9, 10, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Starbucks Gold
Take the elevator/lift to the 1st floor - between Kripsy Kreme's and Costa coffee.
Old Jan 9, 10, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello!

1 - When you come through customs, you will then walk past your last chance to buy some duty free bargains. Then you will pass through a set of doors to be met by a long sweeping steel barrier which will direct you one way or the other... Follow which ever your heart desires...

You will see at either end, and set back, near the big glass wall of the terminal an elevator bank and a set of escalators. Each will take you to level 1, of which both will be sign posted for "British Airways Arrivals Lounge - By Invitation Only" and that will lead you to the bright blueness that will gain you entry to the sanctuary of the arrivals lounge.

2 - As the above states.

3 - Can't help with that one for sure, but I think it will be a no at T3...

Regards,
Old Jan 9, 10, 5:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

With reference to point no 3, your friends will be able to enjoy the T3 Galleries lounge in advance of their AA flight. The AAdmirals Club is another option. They'll need to hold on to their used BA CW boarding passes - without these they may not be able to get past reception.

For more information, see the oneworld rules: lounge access for connecting passengers.
Old Jan 9, 10, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Welcome over the the ba forum miles_navigator

i would give number 3 a polite go at the ba airside lounge in T3 prior to your friends AA flight back to JFK. either way i would stay put at the arrivals lounge until you have to leave when it closes, if they say no you havnt lost anything, but if they say yes enjoy!!

CS
Old Jan 9, 10, 6:50 pm

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
Ummm...

BA256 lands at 16:20, T5 Arrivals lounge closes at 14:00. So it's not an option, right?

Last edited by potfish; Jan 9, 10 at 6:51 pm Reason: oops
Old Jan 9, 10, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Thanks everyone for the replies; sounds like the directions to the T5 arrivals lounge is very clear.

Originally Posted by potfish View Post
Ummm...

BA256 lands at 16:20, T5 Arrivals lounge closes at 14:00. So it's not an option, right?
Thanks for looking out on the schedule side for me. BA256 changes back to normal LHR arrival time of 10:45AM/11AM starting early February. They are flying March. The current arrival time of 4:20PM is for the DEL winter morning fog schedule.

Search this Thread