Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP Run without Passport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Crown dependency to be strictly accurate. P.E. Dant
Crown Dependency and posession of The Crown.

P.E.Dant Jnr.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by heartybob
Crown Dependency and posession of The Crown.

P.E.Dant Jnr.
The Bailiwick of Jersey is a Crown Dependency and posession of The Crown in Right of the United Kingdom.

P.E. Dant (aka Noah More).
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm not entirely sure how someone could actually concurrently be a British citizen and a BNO (although holding documents that say this is a different matter).
British Citizen with BNO status, yes.

Valid BC and BNO passports concurrently, no.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by BRSlad
Er.. No it's not. There is not a war on, so no need to have an ID card. No way am I trusting my details to the incompetent loons in charge now and god knows who else who will be able to access my data. A Passport is suffice enough and I will always have a choice about getting one of them.
Yawn. The problem is not ID cards, it's data hungry government. So where's the outcry about CCTV and face recognition software? As long as the ID card has the same data as the passport, it's just a machine washable second passport for travel in Europe. As for "trusting incompetent loons" - you do trust them with your passport data, don't you? And I did trust video stores (remember them?) with my gas bill, so I could "prove" where I lived.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The Bailiwick of Jersey is a Crown Dependency and posession of The Crown in Right of the United Kingdom.
I think you are mistaken. The channel islands (and Jersey) were part of the Duchy of Normandy, and were never joined with England (or any other part of the United Kingdom) by an Act or Union of any kind. In fact, the Queen is Head of State by her being the Duke of Normandy also ("la reine, notre duc"). The islands are therefore "A Peculiar and Immediate Dependence of the Crown".

U. Terped, A.N.T.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Once I had two valid passports, due to a visit to Israel in late spring and two months later to a neighbouring country, not accepting pax with Israeli passport stamps.

But, wasn't this thread about a TP run??
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Yawn. The problem is not ID cards, it's data hungry government. So where's the outcry about CCTV and face recognition software? As long as the ID card has the same data as the passport, it's just a machine washable second passport for travel in Europe. As for "trusting incompetent loons" - you do trust them with your passport data, don't you? And I did trust video stores (remember them?) with my gas bill, so I could "prove" where I lived.
I never had to give my video store a gas bill I just produced a bill to show where I lived when signing up and then took it away with me again, I would never have let them copy it, but then this was 25+ years ago.

I didn't know that you could get a second passport I doubt I'll ever have use for one but helpful to know just in case.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Thanks Silver Fox.

Yawn. The problem is not ID cards, it's data hungry government. So where's the outcry about CCTV and face recognition software? As long as the ID card has the same data as the passport, it's just a machine washable second passport for travel in Europe.
Couldn't care less about the government being datahungry, if there were (a) a means of oversight that worked, (b) data was accurate, (c) data was secure, and (d) it lead to some real efficiency.

Therein lies the problem. They would prefer to build one big database (causing all manner of problems across multiple government services when entries are inaccurate) rather than allowing effective, efficient, organic evolution of data across departments that actually need it.

The fallacy is that they want us to believe that there is someone who can do something with all that data which will in some way protect us, when in actual fact they couldn't differentiate between their rear and their elbow, let alone provide some integrated solution with clear benefits. Not to mention - do you really think the departments that presently collate data will have their systems wound down once a new central database exists? Of course not. There are public sector jobs involved, so inefficiency reigns.

You don't need to be either right or left of centre to see if for the inefficient monster that it will become.

I lead the thread very OT....
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by heartybob
British Citizen with BNO status, yes.

Valid BC and BNO passports concurrently, no.
It's certainly possible (and allowed) to have valid BC and BN(O) passports concurrently, if you are holding both BC and BN(O) status.

Many BN(O)s who become BCs lost their BN(O) status in the process of becoming BC. However, many did not (depending on how they become BC). Those people are eligible to hold both BC and BN(O) passports (at the same time, if they so choose).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.