Leeway in renewal date for GGL?

Old Jan 8, 10, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Leeway in renewal date for GGL?

I need 90 TPs to extend my GGL membership for another year. My membership year ends today.

I will be taking a flight from SYD to HKG which takes off on 9th January Australian time but at a time which is still the 8th January in the UK. It will earn me 120 TPs so gets me over the threshold. Will that count for membership year purposes?

If not will BA simply cut me some slack and extend my deadline for the 2 weeks of their non-strike? I took a few flights on other airlines during that period which would easily have re-qualified me for GGL

I don't want to lose GGL if I can help it. The op-ups this year have been fantastic.
Old Jan 8, 10, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

PM Nicci at BAEC. You have a good case although you are leaving it very tigh to the deadline
Old Jan 8, 10, 2:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As far as the date difference goes, if it was a flight on the 7th ( say ) from New York to Londin and departed such that it was 8th on in the UK when it took off, would you not expect that to be counted? I don't see that being a reason in itself, but maybe they will allow some leeway given events

Dave
Old Jan 8, 10, 2:57 am

Programs: GGL CCR
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
I took a few flights on other airlines during that period which would easily have re-qualified me for GGL
Pretty sure you will be fine but dont think adding this will help (assuming they were non-OW flights)

Search this Thread