Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Moaning about the crew & do they have anything to really moan about??

Old Jan 7, 10, 8:35 am
Original Poster

There seems to be alot of moaning about crew on here and it seems largely due to BA crews being unhappy in there work.
But im afraid we really need to speak out here most are well paid considering the time off they get and the CSD's are very well paid - FACT!!!

But compare it to this job - paid about 28K, work earlies, lates and nights, up to 16 hour shifts + travelling to and from home, get sworn at, assaulted, abused, have to concentrate at 3 or 4am, no rest bunks (LOL) or even a break or chance to use the loo some shifts..............need i go on

Has anyone guessed what job it is????

So for the crew that get paid a descent wage, piss most of it up against the wall on layovers and cant even be bothered to pick a bit of rubbish up off the cabin floor - well maybe they need to get real!

RANT ENDS
Old Jan 7, 10, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass View Post
But compare it to this job - paid about 28K, work earlies, lates and nights, up to 16 hour shifts + travelling to and from home, get sworn at, assaulted, abused, have to concentrate at 3 or 4am, no rest bunks (LOL) or even a break or chance to use the loo some shifts..............need i go on

Graduate trainee at BA?
Graduate trainee solicitor at a City legal firm?
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:06 am

Programs: my wings are gold
Policeman?
Nurse ?
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold
I thought nurse...but fair point, it's like any walk of life - there are always people that moan. I'm a teacher and those that moan the loudest always do the least work IME...
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
I'm guessing nurse / doctor in the NHS, perhaps A&E?

Without wishing to get into the finer details of the dispute, which I feel sure have been covered in lots of other threads.... I'll discuss just one area

Reduction in crew by 1 person, from 13 to 12 : Well, the team I worked for went from 12 to 6, with everyone left expected to pick up the workload. The ones left behind were the lucky ones as they still had a job. I'll leave the reader to calculate the difference between going from 13-12 and going from 12-6.

Then after that I was forced to take a 12% paycut in a 'take it or leave it' ultimatum.

Then I was told the team I worked for was going to be disbanded anyway, putting me out of a job.

Was unemployed for 6 months before fortunately finding a job which isn't as convenient travel wise but is at least a job, but know people who have been out of work for 13-14 months now, who would love to be at work, but the work just isn't out there.

After seeing all this, it has amazed me how some employees from one company believe that they are completely insulated from the real world.
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Sounds like my job (md of a small company)
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom View Post
Graduate trainee solicitor at a City legal firm?
Are you kidding? Those little darlings wouldn't get out of bed for that sort of cash....
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by imt24 View Post
I thought nurse...but fair point, it's like any walk of life - there are always people that moan. I'm a teacher and those that moan the loudest always do the least work IME...
If that's what nurses are paid in the UK they need to come over to the states. In the SF Bay Area they can earn over $100K right out of the gate, there's such a shortage here.
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I assume your school hasn't gone back because of the snow?
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I assume your school hasn't gone back because of the snow?
Teachers don't do night shifts!

I'll also go nurse or paramedic - but I'm bemused by the 16 hour shift. My sister is a nurse and I don't think has ever worked a 16 hour shift - if she had, I'd have heard about it! And could be junior doctor, but the pay seems a bit low for that.
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:37 am

There seems to be alot of moaning about crew on here and it seems largely due to BA crews being unhappy in there work.
But im afraid we really need to speak out here most are well paid considering the time off they get and the CSD's are very well paid - FACT!!!

So for the crew that get paid a descent wage, piss most of it up against the wall on layovers and cant even be bothered to pick a bit of rubbish up off the cabin floor - well maybe they need to get real!

RANT ENDS
Illiterate cretin, perhaps
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Police person
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Originally Posted by BA5E View Post
Police person
Ahhh, but they deserve to be shouted at and abused!

Hehehe

*runs and hides*
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:44 am

Programs: BMI & BA

RANT ENDS
Police Officer / Paramedic / Nurse
Old Jan 7, 10, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Hooker.

Search this Thread