My Grandfather is [now found] at heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:21 am

Hoax?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrPSB
Hoax?
I would never fake something like this. We're just worried and trying to find him.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, BMI Silver
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Seconded for a good idea.

If nothing else it gives the delayed passengers something to do - hunt the grandfather!

I do hope he turns up soon and safe, putting the OP's mind at rest.
I've just DM'ed @HeathrowAirport - they are responsive and have a few thousand followers
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by Joecarr
Another update. Thank you for all the comments. We are still looking for him, still worried. Of course we could be over concerned and he very well maybe fine but the lack of contact with him is our main concern. As regards to his age, he is 78 although he is independant and fairly fit. To those of you wondering about the O.P.P (ontario provintial police) hat, he wears it so cars move out his way when he walks down the small country roads in Napanee (hence the jacket) where he comes from. An ex cop he is not. I also made a small mistake in my earlier description, his boots are camouflage not his trousers. To all of you out helping in what ever way you can there thank you. I hope to be able to update you with good news soon. If you do see him please tell him to call home soon on xxxxxxxx. Thanks again.

P.S. I would like to include a picture of him so everyone can get a clear idea of his appearence but i'm not sure how. Anyhelp would be much appreciated.
upload photo at:

www.imageshack.us

and then post the link here

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jan 8, 2010 at 11:55 am
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Is this a first for this forum - organising a hunt for a missing person at LHR.

Good luck - Hope all the tweeting and messaging works!

I know some elder pax will not accept that they need assistance while travelling - its like admitting they are old. Its just one of those things.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Sometimes it's best not to know what the old man is up to. Just a thought.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Picture

Here is a link to a picture of him. I just tried to tweet on @Heathrowairport as well. Thank you.

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/grandpa.png/
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:41 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Posted to The Gate to attract attention of those who don't read the BA forum.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:56 am

Newcastle contingent

Thanks for most posts.
We are beside ourselves as you can imagine.
Please supportive, helpful comments and suggestions only, others are very upsetting. Amongst the chaos we have managed to track down a very helpful and concerned member of BA staff who apprecaited our plight and got us to a very helpful police officer who now has lots of people searching him and pics being distributed at hotels etc

Could you just maybe shout Bob Hollands really loudly. He's a bit deaf. Not very British but it might get a response.

Joey you are amazing - Grandad will be v proud!

Carole x
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
I am very disappointed with BA for taking ill care of its elderly passengers such as the OP's grandfather. In my view, it is totally unacceptable for BA to absolve itself of the special responsibility to them. Perhaps UA or any other airline wouldn't have done any better but this is only because there is something seriously wrong about how airlines ought to deal with elderly, disabled and others that need special attention during irregular operations. I can't believe that there isn't an international convention governing airlines in such circumstances.

I am deeply sympathetic to the elderly traveling on planes. If flying isn't stressful enough, try being deserted in a gigantic airport without any knowledge or certainty of how things are going to turn out, with mean airline representatives who are shooing folks away.

I always travel with my grandma when she flies but can understand that this is not always an option for others. Often, I try to help out others by informing them and the GAs of preboarding, seat assignment, upgrade option (with my status and instruments) etc. Indeed, I love to be of help in many of my travels and I reach out to people who seem like that they could use it. Perhaps some here do the same and I hope that reading posts like this one would motivate others still to reach out and make a grandma or grandpa's day. A friend says that despite any status one could achieve, the one of "Angel-Flyer" should be the most respected.

I sincerely hope that your grandfather is OK and that you will hear from him very soon. BA (and any airline failing to take care of its elderly and or special need passengers) I am very disappointed on you.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Carolews
Grandad will be v proud!
I am sure he will.......and he'll no doubt very bemused by the internet interest he has generated!!!

Fingers crossed someone spots him soon.

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
I hope that everything turns out ok, got my fingers crossed for you.

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Post deleted

Last edited by heartybob; Jan 7, 2010 at 4:49 pm
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Joe, Carole and family - Good luck in your search I am sure you have a lot of people watching the thread and will keeping a regualr eye for updates.

From a fellow Geordie X
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Carole who just posted is my Grandpa's daughter in law. She along with my father is putting an enormous amount of effort into finding him. Thanks again for all your helpful comments and actions. Will update in due course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.