New baggage Policy and Canada

Old Jan 6, 10, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
New baggage Policy and Canada

Forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere...

I'd be travelling from Canada (YVR specifically) direct to Heathrow, no onward connections or otherwise. In economy am I allowed 1 free bag now or still 2? The website says 2 bags for Canada but apparantly only if connecting through to India. Am I reading that correct?

As well, it says your 1st additional bag is 32, and then 72 thereafter. Do I get 2 bags free and then pay 32 for a 3rd? I'm hopelessly confused...
Old Jan 6, 10, 9:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

1 bag only I am afraid, unless you booked before 7 October.
Old Jan 6, 10, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Yeah I can confim this having just been in YVR and having booked before OCT 7th had no problems with one of our party having 2 bags. If you didn't book before the cut off date, you will be paying 32 for the first additional bag and then 72 for the next. I heard someone at a check in desk asking how much their extra bag was going to cost.
Old Jan 6, 10, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
As I've not yet booked the ticket and don't have the keys to the DeLorean, 1 bag it is.

Thanks for clearing it up! BA is still more generous in its bag fees than AC, my other alternative.

Search this Thread