A travel game for BAEC FT fliers

Old May 24, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by trustno1
G-BNLR - 18 May Routing SYD-BKK-LHR. Seat 64A. Got a hit on an earlier posting on G-CIVY which routed LHR-SIN. Got a PM from Peter 747 to say he saw it and added his own message. His routing was LHR-PEK.
Yep, it made me smile and chuckle..... what the other pax/crew must have thought
Old May 31, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Brand new HighLife in 1F on the morning flight to Zurich today so I finally buckled to peer pressure and graffitid it... Not sure if I did it on the right page and I just realised I put the wrong date but better than nothing!
Old May 31, 2011, 5:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by wanderingswede
Brand new HighLife in 1F on the morning flight to Zurich today so I finally buckled to peer pressure and graffitid it... Not sure if I did it on the right page and I just realised I put the wrong date but better than nothing!
Are you at least sure it was a copy of Highlife and not your colleague's Economist?
Old May 31, 2011, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Are you at least sure it was a copy of Highlife and not your colleague's Economist?
It had a map page that showed BA's European routes so unless it was some new advertising campaign... On a related note I enjoyed the shameless interlacing of the article extolling the virtues of Sweden's west coast with adverts for the tourist authority in Gothenburg - I guess they figured there was no point in pretending anymore...

Also - I make it a point not to sit next to colleagues on 7am flights, it's my only productive period in the week due to lack of interruptions... The day they make wifi available on BA flights and I suddenly have access to FT mid-flight I may as well retire/resign...
Old May 31, 2011, 6:09 am

Just noticed I went over 100 posts - how exciting! Do I get some sort of prize?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: BA,BD,VS,ANA
Forgot to post i had my first "hit" last thursday on the LHR>GLA shuttle.
Unfortunately the other FTer hadn't included their screenname but they had been on a ABZ>LHR at some point, and had written something along the lines of "where am i today?".
Anyone want to own up to defacing Highlife?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dm827430
Forgot to post i had my first "hit" last thursday on the LHR>GLA shuttle.
Unfortunately the other FTer hadn't included their screenname but they had been on a ABZ>LHR at some point, and had written something along the lines of "where am i today?".
Anyone want to own up to defacing Highlife?
Seems unlikely that it was the user WhereAmIToday.

Perhaps, though, what you took as just a random message may have been their handle?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by irishguy28

Perhaps, though, what you took as just a random message may have been their handle?
I think this is correct.

I write three lines, eg:
www.flyertalk.com
antichef
DUS-LHR 4 July

Then if somebody spots it who is playing the game, they will know what it is. If a casual observer found it and was curious they could probably find out enough to see what we are up to, or send a PM if they sign up.

A bit like finding a tagged bird or fish and notifying the research agency responsible!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by antichef
I think this is correct.

I write three lines, eg:
www.flyertalk.com
antichef
DUS-LHR 4 July

Then if somebody spots it who is playing the game, they will know what it is. If a casual observer found it and was curious they could probably find out enough to see what we are up to, or send a PM if they sign up.

A bit like finding a tagged bird or fish and notifying the research agency responsible!
Agreed. I qualify my otherwise random scribblings with the equally random "Flyertalk" or "FT" - might do the www.flyertalk.com thing though to make it much clearer.

You would think that the governing body of such a popular sport would be setting out the exact rules (after recieving bribes for voting for a particular airline to host the next world event )
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA,BD,VS,ANA
Originally Posted by irishguy28

oh that could be a good shout, although at the time, it read as a sentence with a "?" at the end. i had had a few hours stopover in the lounge, that may have influenced my (mis)reading. unfortunately as it was the last day of june so i fear it was straight in the bin for the mag that night.

onaswan > my next flight is due to land in england. do you think i may end up somewhere in the middle east instead?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:35 am
Original Poster

met and played game with another FTer!

I was on the flight from DUS-LHR yesterday, and had seen from ba97.com that another FTer was on the flight. However his ba97.com handle did not compute as an FT handle, so I could not send an email suggesting a lounge meet.

In the lounge he updated his ba97.com profile with his seat number, so when boarding I was able to say hello! He did seem a little surprised when I addressed him by his handle

I was sitting two rows behind so duly discussed the game and made our entries albeit at this stage of the month the odds are reduced.

At LHR we had a coffee and chat before departing our separate ways. So when Airprox sends me his address I am going to send him a bright yellow FT label!

Nice to meet you ^
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:47 am
Original Poster

The seat was still warm!!

.... but that is PROBABLY because I boarded in LCA.

We knew from another thread that this hit was going to happen, but it is fair to report in here.

Smirnoff was on the 662 yesterday from LHR-LCA, and I was on the 663 from LCA-LHR. Entries duly reported on the map page of HighLife.

As Cyba was also in LCA boarding another (non-BA) flight, all three of us were finally in the terminal at about the same time but still failed to meet up for a drink (ie a mini-FT do)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Are we still conducting this 'sport'? I have had no hits, nor reports of being 'hit'. Still, it's the start of a new month / highlife and with a few flights coming up next week, I'm hoping to change that.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by onaswan
Are we still conducting this 'sport'? I have had no hits, nor reports of being 'hit'. Still, it's the start of a new month / highlife and with a few flights coming up next week, I'm hoping to change that.
I left my mark on a few this week.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
I very nearly ended up playing with myself (steady! ) last month as I defaced a page on the morning flight to JER. Some weeks later I was supposed to be in the same seat (5A) on what I later discovered was the same aircraft.

Sadly, the CE curtain was put back a row and I was, in fact, in 6A. Would that have counted as a win?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.