FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seat Plan on 777s (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1031360-seat-plan-777s.html)

Kwi Dec 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Seat Plan on 777s

Hello FTers,

I have seen a few posts on here about the seat plans on 3 class 777s and seat guru etc being out of date.
Does anyone know of where there might be a new seat plan for the 48J or 36J seat config. (on the website for pre pay seat it is a 36J)
I am flying on a 3 class 777 to MAA on the 15th Jan in CW. I am flying with my mother. (who does not realize that I have upgraded from WT+ :)) I would prefer a A/B or J/K seating combo.
What row would be best? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

MilesCollector Dec 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Definitely 4A/B J/K and 11 A/B J/K

All the other seats are much of a muchness.

Kwi Dec 24, 2009 2:43 am

Thank you MilesCollector. ^

20-Horse Dec 24, 2009 4:16 am

If I may jump on the thread here...?

We are on a 4 Class (apparently) 777 to BDA next year, 2233 and 2232 back. We are in CW and I have currently reserved 10E and 10F for me and Mrs. 20-Horse out and back.

I did this after checking seatguru and seatexpert. They recommended 15E and F, but 15E is already greyed out both ways on our dates.

Would the considerable wisdom contained within this board recommend anything different by way of seating for the 2 of us please?

Any thought and advice gratefully received.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes.

20-Horse

MilesCollector Dec 24, 2009 4:22 am

I dislike the E and F seats. They're only good for a parent and a very young child, in my opinion. Or couples who cannot spend 6 hours without holding hands.

Others may disagree, but for me the best seats on the 4 class 777s are 15 A/B J/K but 2 of these are bassinet seats therefore not available till T-24. The other window/aisle pairs are fairly similar, with 10 A/B J/K slightly better than the others even though the window seats have a misaligned window.

globalste Dec 24, 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by MilesCollector (Post 13044871)
Definitely 4A/B J/K and 11 A/B J/K

All the other seats are much of a muchness.

I would strongly advise against row 11, there is a lot of vibration from the engine. I would try and forward or back 2 rows.

imt24 Dec 24, 2009 4:29 am

I believe, having spoken to crew at LGW that BDA flights are remaining 4 class because they still actually sell quite a few F tickets on that route...I may be wrong, same for BGI

globalste Dec 24, 2009 4:30 am

Originally Posted by 20-Horse (Post 13047253)
We are on a 4 Class (apparently) 777 to BDA next year, 2233 and 2232 back. We are in CW and I have currently reserved 10E and 10F for me and Mrs. 20-Horse out and back.

I did this after checking seatguru and seatexpert. They recommended 15E and F, but 15E is already greyed out both ways on our dates.

Would the considerable wisdom contained within this board recommend anything different by way of seating for the 2 of us please?

Any thought and advice gratefully received.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes.

20-Horse

Row 10 AB/JK is prone to trolley bashing and passenger kicking imo.

Kwi Dec 24, 2009 4:31 am

MilesCollector,

Im I right in thinking though if I book 4 A/B - JK and it turns out that there is also a row 5 I am then stuck? (A/K with climb over from window seat)

Cheers

globalste Dec 24, 2009 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Kwi (Post 13047275)
MilesCollector,

Im I right in thinking though if I book 4 A/B - JK and it turns out that there is also a row 5 I am then stuck? (A/K with climb over from window seat)

Cheers

On a 777 i find the window seat quite cramped, its nothing like having the window seat on the UD where you have the side storage pods. I myself prefer to get a seat with no-one behind me, the amount of kicking and jolting you get from idiots using the stool as a trampoline behind can be quite annoying.

Pick row 4, the cabin is far nicer. Unless you suffer regular trips to the bathroom, climbing over from a window seat is no worse than stepping into a bath.

SteveF Dec 24, 2009 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Kwi (Post 13044526)
Hello FTers,

I have seen a few posts on here about the seat plans on 3 class 777s and seat guru etc being out of date.
Does anyone know of where there might be a new seat plan for the 48J or 36J seat config. (on the website for pre pay seat it is a 36J)
I am flying on a 3 class 777 to MAA on the 15th Jan in CW. I am flying with my mother. (who does not realize that I have upgraded from WT+ :)) I would prefer a A/B or J/K seating combo.
What row would be best? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Do BA ever know if a 48J will be on a route until the day of the flight or are all 3 class 777 flights still loaded with the 36J configuration? Twice in the last year I have reserved and checked-in to seats (prior to pay for seats) on a 36J, which it still appeared to be at T-24, only for it to be a 48J on the day. If this still happens then your "best" seats may become just normal J seats.

keatm1 Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm

related question, on both seatexpert and guru they have 4 j/K as crew rest - but when i look at options for my lgw-mco - they're available - if i pick 4K am i likely to get shifted?

Can I help you Jan 1, 2010 3:08 am

Originally Posted by keatm1 (Post 13089126)
related question, on both seatexpert and guru they have 4 j/K as crew rest - but when i look at options for my lgw-mco - they're available - if i pick 4K am i likely to get shifted?

LGW based aircraft do not have a crew rest area in the cabin.
CIHY

MilesCollector Jan 1, 2010 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Kwi (Post 13047275)
MilesCollector,

Cheers

Having just flown a 3 class 777, what we are describing as row 4 was actually row 5, and there was no row 1. You'll be able to tell from the seat map though.

Originally Posted by keatm1 (Post 13089126)

If they are open for selection then you won't get shifted. However I did wonder if there was a tiny chance of this happening, and therefore chose 5A instead of 5K for my flight last night (row 4 had become row 5 on the BA seat map)