Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Executive Club -Stopover Rule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
You can't do the BKK-PEK on oneworld, or any BA partners (at least, not nonstop). Otherwise, yes you would have just enough miles for the return in F.
I can do BKK- PEK in *A if I need to.

Does that mean though that the HKG - SIN - LHR is doable as a OW award on BA in F?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I can do BKK- PEK in *A if I need to.

Does that mean though that the HKG - SIN - LHR is doable as a OW award on BA in F?
not sure - depends how lenient they are. SIN isn't exactly "on the most direct route" between HKG and LHR, but neither is EZE between SCL and LAX
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
not sure - depends how lenient they are. SIN isn't exactly "on the most direct route" between HKG and LHR, but neither is EZE between SCL and LAX
BKK-(x)HKG-PEK?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
stopovers in S. America

what will be the most effective way to use BA miles on a S. America trip having as many stopovers as possible.
we are planning on traveling this coming Nov.
Really appreciate all input.

Michelle.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:56 pm

Can I possibly do:

LAX-LIM-SCL-EZE-IGR one-way ticket on LAN using BA miles

stopover in LIM, SCL & EZE ?

thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:35 pm

I'm not sure about availability, but it's my dream to pull off the following on AS for 12.5k one way in Y:

DCA-LAX-SEA-KTN-WRG-PSG-JUN-ANC-FAI-SCC-BRW

with a stopover in each destination. I'd try to hit Sitka on the way back

If they'd actually permit it I think it's a great use of miles!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by cruise603
Can I possibly do:

LAX-LIM-SCL-EZE-IGR one-way ticket on LAN using BA miles

stopover in LIM, SCL & EZE ?
Now that would be excellent value for your BA miles !

This should be possible. All of the flights are on LAN metal. And it isn't really any less direct than going LAX-MIA-EZE which is allowed using BA miles on AA metal.

The only catch might be the IGR flight. I am not sure if EZE and AEP are considered co-terminals. And since you will fly into EZE from SCL, and then out of AEP to IGR you will have to change airports in Buenos Aires.

Give it a try and let us know if it is allowed.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by thebobmc
Now that would be excellent value for your BA miles !

This should be possible. All of the flights are on LAN metal. And it isn't really any less direct than going LAX-MIA-EZE which is allowed using BA miles on AA metal.

The only catch might be the IGR flight. I am not sure if EZE and AEP are considered co-terminals. And since you will fly into EZE from SCL, and then out of AEP to IGR you will have to change airports in Buenos Aires.

Give it a try and let us know if it is allowed.
Actually it is better to fly into AEP to avoid the "visa" fee, am I correct ? then I don't have to change airport in Buenos Aires.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by cruise603
Actually it is better to fly into AEP to avoid the "visa" fee, am I correct ? then I don't have to change airport in Buenos Aires.
Yes, AEP is not currently set up to collect the $131 reciprocity (for US nationals).
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:03 pm

Yes that is correct, but I don't think you can fly into AEP from SCL on LAN. AEP is typically only used for domestic Argentine flights, and MVD.

Others I am sure will correct me if I am wrong.

There is no physical problem in changing airports. Particularly since you are planning to stopover in Buenos Aires. What I was attempting to convey was a concern that there might be problems booking the BA EC award ticket when flying into / out of different airports.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
BA only allows the most direct routing. I called them to constract flight from YUL to MEM and they told me the only routing and stopovers allowed are through ORD and DFW.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Yes that is correct, but I don't think you can fly into AEP from SCL on LAN. AEP is typically only used for domestic Argentine flights, and MVD.

Others I am sure will correct me if I am wrong.

There is no physical problem in changing airports. Particularly since you are planning to stopover in Buenos Aires. What I was attempting to convey was a concern that there might be problems booking the BA EC award ticket when flying into / out of different airports.
LA offers connecting service from SCL to AEP via MDZ.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

LA offers connecting service from SCL to AEP via MDZ.
I stand corrected.

This keeps getting better and better. Let's add a stopover for a couple of days in Mendoza to drink some wine.

I have taken the bus from Buenos Aires to Mendoza, and then to Santiago. But I have no desire to do it again.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:51 pm

This keeps getting better and better. Let's add a stopover for a couple of days in Mendoza to drink some wine.
And climb Aconcagua while we're at it (possibly with a bottle in each hand) - anything is possible in this thread!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:22 pm

And climb Aconcagua while we're at it (possibly with a bottle in each hand) - anything is possible in this thread!
I suspect Aconcagua is more impressive from the air than it was from the bus. I will say that the switchbacks on the highway on the westbound descent were interesting. Glad I wasn't sitting in the front seats of the upper deck.

If I see someone climbing Aconcagua with a bottle of Malbec in each hand I will know who it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.