Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals lounge in Manchester ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
B767capt reactivated
So why are you apologising to someone who posted 9 years ago then?

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Seems clear than many still have strong opinions
But only one seems to be in favour....
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I think BD offered an arrivals facility in MAN back in the day which was access to the Radisson gym.
Does the Radisson still offer a day pass to their gym?That would seem like an economical work around if so.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Maybe Premium Plaza could run an arrivals lounge at MAN? then anyone travelling on any airline could use it.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Think we are more likely to see one or more arrivals lounges at BER (in the context of pigs might fly on both issues).
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
No apologies required. Surprised to see this thread re-emerge.
I am no longer that active on this forum these days but do visit often.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:29 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
I think BD offered an arrivals facility in MAN back in the day which was access to the Radisson gym.
Does the Radisson still offer a day pass to their gym?That would seem like an economical work around if so.
It looks like Radisson might not run their gym.
Pace Manchester Airport Facilities - Pace Health Clubs
I couldn't find any day rate options.

The Radisson hotel does have previous day checkin for Thompson flights if you're staying there. So I have learnt something new, even if it wasn't what I intended.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I think that the chances of negotiating a day-room rate with a local hotel (the Hilton?) for the use of a room for a couple of hours is far higher than the chance of an arrivals lounge opening at Manchester – I simply can’t see the economics stacking up for a lounge.
This is exactly what I wound up doing. The Hilton at MAN offered a 38£ day room rate. I simply used it for a good shower, shave, and change of clothes. I don’t recall the time allowed but I did get the brief about dinner times so I can gather they would have allowed me to stay late.

It’s a shame nothing is right at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.