Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW then and now...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:28 am
Original Poster

CW then and now...

So with all the lovely enhancements how does CW on a typical flight compare today to what you would get 10 years ago - and in the grand scheme of things are BA actually saving that much money on all the food cuts?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I flew LHR-HKG on my honeymoon about 10 years ago, in J in the UD. It was cradle seats all facing forward. The hard product is immeasurably better today- the front/back configuration was a game changer.

Honestly I don't recall the food/drink being much better/worse than today. What I do recall from that flight, one of my first on BA in J or F, is how great the FAs and CSD were- really outstanding- my first experience with middle aged men as FAs- and it was a pleasure. ^ That might sound like a prejudicial comment- it is not intended as such (for sure as I am becoming one myself )- prior to that time most of my travel had been domestic in the US where the concept of a man having a long career as an FA is not as common- possibly because the pay scale would make it hard to support a family.

I do think the level of service on BA has slipped a bit- perhaps understandably given the dynamics in the industry. For sure BA is not alone in this regard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.