Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access - Quick question - arriving in CW, onward in ET

Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite

Arriving at LHR T5 in CW connecting to MAD on BA from T3 in Eurotraveller - would pax (blue EC member) be entitled to use BA lounge in T3?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
Arriving at LHR T5 in CW connecting to MAD on BA from T3 in Eurotraveller - would pax (blue EC member) be entitled to use BA lounge in T3?
Yes. Keep your CW boarding pass to show at the lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:16 am
Original Poster

thanks for the quick reply hammy
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by hammythehammer
Yes. Keep your CW boarding pass to show at the lounge.
And also be prepared to argue the toss - because although you are definitely entitled - some of the lounge staff seem to think you aren't.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:15 pm

You *should* be OK as the rules are on your side.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...light-fco.html for some more info including links to 'rules' in post #28

I have had another reply from BA on this issue which is essentially 'yes you are entitled to access' but it hasn't really addressed the problem of lounge and customer service staff not knowing the rules (or the BA website or MMB being correct for that matter) or advice on what to do when denied. I'm hoping BA Executive CLub (Nicci) will be back soon and can revisit this issue.

Perhaps you could email Customer Services and ask and post back here? It would be interesting to know if their information has been updated....
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:40 pm

If ever you feel that you are being denied something that you are entitled to you can speak with the Customer Service Duty Manager. Simply ask the staff and they will call one for you.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by adrianjc32
If ever you feel that you are being denied something that you are entitled to you can speak with the Customer Service Duty Manager. Simply ask the staff and they will call one for you.
unless you get the chap from the North Lounge in this post.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10077914-post105.html

(although to be fair - thanks adrianjc32 for advising the person on duty who should know ^. )
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Well, the lounge dragon denied entry on the day in question. Unfortunately my friend could not argue the toss as he's not a fluent english speaker. However, an email is on its way to BAEC so will report back as to the outcome shortly. Lounge staff should be identifiable and be reminded of entry entitlements.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:52 pm

I'm astonished this hasn't been addressed by BA. It must be infuriating being denied access knowing that the rules say otherwise. Not to say downright embarrassing!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
Well, the lounge dragon denied entry on the day in question. Unfortunately my friend could not argue the toss as he's not a fluent english speaker. However, an email is on its way to BAEC so will report back as to the outcome shortly. Lounge staff should be identifiable and be reminded of entry entitlements.
I know it's too late now and a bit 'after the event' but I do think an email to customer services in order. I was assured by them that 'everyone is trained now' but it seems not.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 4:21 am

I'd no problems last week getting into the CR before my flight up to GLA after arriving from BKK... a nice way to spend a few hours and not bad for 40!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Smile

Last edited by dewsburyborn; Oct 21, 2009 at 7:54 am Reason: duplicated posting
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Smile

Originally Posted by indianwells
I'm astonished this hasn't been addressed by BA. It must be infuriating being denied access knowing that the rules say otherwise. Not to say downright embarrassing!
I always carry a print of the section from the Oneworld site to be able to (mildly) present in such a situation. The last time I did this, even then they continued to argue it until a manager happened by and intervened.

If a line starts to form behind it can be embarrassing and also makes you think it is not worth the grief - but we KNOW it is really...
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by matthewuk
I know it's too late now and a bit 'after the event' but I do think an email to customer services in order. I was assured by them that 'everyone is trained now' but it seems not.
Its been a problem for years - Mrs Efin and I were denied access to the lounge at GLA when we were flying down to LHR (T4) for an onward flight to JFK in F (all a miles booking - Same PNR) back in November 2005. Unfortunatley Mrs Efin was getting too embarrased for me to press the point and i decided to leave it (given that we were shortly going to be enjoying the CCR at T4), but i wrote and complained to BA about it back then. It really IS appalling that they have any staff working in lounges who havent been properly trained - i mean it's hardly rocket science, and surely they could issue the lounge reception desks with a little crib sheet of the Oneworld rules to avoid embarrasing passengers like this.

Sorry your friend was denied access and put through the hassle and embarrasment of the whole thing.

Efin
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:01 am

I suggested a simple flowchart to BA. Would take someone a couple of hours to produce.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.