Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do you prefer s/h cabin lights during the evening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire

Having come back from LIS last night, I was wondering if there are any guidelines for cabin lights during a s/h flight.

The crew kept the cabin lights dimmed during the entire flight.

However, in my experience, in most s/h flights lights are kept on all the time. IMHO, it is much nicer when cabin lights are kept to a minimum, allowing for pax to take a nap if they which to do so.

I assume that it is down to the cabin crew how the wish to keep the lights, but wouldn't be nice if BA issued guidelines for this?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I stand to be corrected on this one...

Long Haul have guide lines published for lighting during the flight. Different levels at different times etc...

Short Haul, we do not... I agree, that in the evening, the lights should be dimmed after the service has been completed, but during the service, they must stay at a reasonable level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.