British Airways profile, anyone?

Old Oct 16, 09, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

British Airways profile, anyone?

Hello all members,

I actually didnt know where to post my question, so I hope this thread is directed to its right place.

I was hoping is someone would guide me to a proper British Airways Profile/company information/histroy.

I've been searching the web but with no luck so far, their website has brief information, which isnt enough for what im looking for. Wikipedia seems to be way detailed.

anyone can help, it will be most appreciated.

thank you in advance
Old Oct 17, 09, 12:05 am

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Perhaps you should check the ba forum where I suspect this thread will be moved.
Old Oct 17, 09, 12:17 am
Original Poster

thanks, would you please provide me with the link. . .
Im finding it hard to navigate the forum.
Old Oct 17, 09, 2:14 am

Moving this to the BA forum. Reading this thread will automatically take you there.
Old Oct 17, 09, 2:34 am

The best place for history is www.ba.com/heritage. Also look on Wiki for an independent, but not necessarily always 100% accurate view.

For financial information see: http://www.bashares.com/

Also if you have any specific questions direct them to BA's Twitter - they always seem to answer company questions there pretty quickly.
Old Oct 17, 09, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, i joined their twitter, but how can i ask questions? :S
Old Oct 17, 09, 3:19 am

All info here: http://help.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/14023
Old Oct 17, 09, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot, this seems like one hell of a tight nit community.
Been searching the BA forum, but still no luck finding the info im looking for, anyone can stear me into the right direction?
Old Oct 17, 09, 4:04 am

What information are you specifically looking for? If you can provide us with some questions or details of what you're working on then someone may be able to help you!
Old Oct 17, 09, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Search the Companies House website and you find information on BA.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/c9...67/compdetails

For a small fee, you can order information on the company.
Old Oct 17, 09, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Well, I'm currently working on my thesis for my graduate degree and it revolves around the aviation industry. Im looking specifically at British Airways and their newly opened Heathrow Terminal 5.

Therefore, I just need to have basic information about BA, when were they founded, what do they do, achievements, the usual company profile/background. The purpose is to give the reader an understanding of the company, work they do, and the industry they are in.

Honestly didnt expect to go through such trouble to gain such basic information. Usually the information should be on the website.

This is a sample of the infor im looking for.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...v=-1326152020&
Old Oct 17, 09, 8:23 am

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=history+of+british+airways&l=1
Old Oct 17, 09, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by legato99 View Post
Well, I'm currently working on my thesis for my graduate degree and it revolves around the aviation industry. Im looking specifically at British Airways and their newly opened Heathrow Terminal 5.

Therefore, I just need to have basic information about BA, when were they founded, what do they do, achievements, the usual company profile/background. The purpose is to give the reader an understanding of the company, work they do, and the industry they are in.

Honestly didnt expect to go through such trouble to gain such basic information. Usually the information should be on the website.
It is.

I've tried to restrain myself, but I simply can't. You are a student, doing a degree. Learn to study.

This information isn't hard to find, people have already directed you.

Of course, you could try something like - phoning BA and asking them, or how about oldskool writing to them, with a list of questions, and seeing what they come back with?

University isn't a place where you are spoonfed information, it's a place where you study. Learn to research.

These are basic questions, you're after basic information.

BA, when were they founded,
information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways

what do they do
- again, on their Wiki, their website, or, if you really are unsure- phone them and ask them.

the usual company profile/background
- there's a lot of it on their website, on their Wiki. Worse, a simply search for British Airways company profile - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...q=f&oq=&aqi=g8 - returns more hits than one would expect.

I'm really sorry if this feels like I'm laying into you, that isn't my intention- I am just gobsmacked that university has come to THIS!
Old Oct 17, 09, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Smile

No offense taken, but I do believe that I poorly presented myself. I have done all of that you have mentioned (found wiki, looking in BA website, emailed BA(, before I even signed on to this forum.

I still am doing my own information collection, it just seemed to me the information on BA was limited to a handful of websites. Thus, turned to this forum for new ideas to go about searching/finding information.

I honestly did not want to insinuate that I'm lazy in any shape or form, just open to new ideas/opinions. Making sure that I've done all I could.

Thanks of handing my ... to me.
Old Oct 17, 09, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by jghill View Post
It is.

I've tried to restrain myself, but I simply can't. You are a student, doing a degree. Learn to study.
I have to agree - how would todays students survive in a world without internet.

Search this Thread