Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

5/6 hours to kill in T4 LHR on our way to Syd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/6 hours to kill in T4 LHR on our way to Syd

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
Have a gold star.:-:
Yay!

Amazing what the Qantas website turns up; http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...m=au:terminal3
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
any nice places to eat in T4? would you suggest going over to T5 to eat/shops?

any hints for onboard BA (apart from trying to get upstairs when check in opening T-24)?

In BKK I take it that there will be a rush to the showers in bkk at the Qantas lounge (persumeing that there is enough time?); i have only used star alliance lounges in Bkk; whats the Qantas lounge like?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
QF lounge in BKK is good, never used the showers but the loos are nice. Lounge is not huge and can get busy when 2/3 flights are in at once so get there quick and grab a seat. Really good food, slightly limited drinks range but it's all good stuff, daylight and wifi, tv news, what more do you need? Staff are very good. If you have several bags they will put them in storage for you (including hand luggage trolleys).
Old Oct 16, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by irish mark
any nice places to eat in T4? would you suggest going over to T5 to eat/shops?
In T4, there is a new Cafe Rouge and old Wetherspoons (landside departures), or The Bridge Bar/Eating House and Caviar House/Prunier Seafood Bar (airside departures).

In T5, your options landside are 5 Tuns Pub & Kitchen or Carluccio's.

Alternatively, there are eatery options in the Hilton T4, attached to the terminal by covered walkway.

For a review of the BA Gate 1 Lounge in T4 (the only oneworld lounge at T4), see my recent trip report (link below).
Old Oct 16, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
It is stunning, however the carriers that are moving across there are the ones that tend to have a passenger profile of people who have not got a clue, so it wont last! No matter how lovely it looks it will soon look like the worst of the old days in T3. Fortunately the carriers that are moving to 4 are vacating 3 so that will improve.....
So who are these awful carriers that are moving across?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYDguy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathro...rearrangements
Old Oct 17, 2009, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
In T4, there is a new Cafe Rouge and old Wetherspoons (landside departures), or The Bridge Bar/Eating House and Caviar House/Prunier Seafood Bar (airside departures).

In T5, your options landside are 5 Tuns Pub & Kitchen or Carluccio's.

Alternatively, there are eatery options in the Hilton T4, attached to the terminal by covered walkway.

For a review of the BA Gate 1 Lounge in T4 (the only oneworld lounge at T4), see my recent trip report (link below).
Thanks for that ..great review!!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by xxxxx
It is actually hard to believe that it's the same terminal actually becuase it's beautiful, there's so much space (they've almost doubled the size of check in) and natural light.
I was there last Saturday evening and I was nearly gobsmacked when I saw it. The friend I was seeing off asked if this was "the new terminal", and I swiftly said no before I'd had a decent look at the front. Bloody amazing transformation. The QF queue comber said that it had only been open for about 10 days then.
Originally Posted by Genius1
There will be a BA/QF First enclosed check-in area with seating, like in T5. Separate Club World/Business desks will also be present in Zone G.

I believe Qantas Economy/Premium Economy are using Zone F.
The same QF queue comber was concerned about how they're going to manage the volume at T3, in such a concentrated time. She was disappointed to be leaving T4 just as it's emerged as a swan after all. It's good to know that there will be some decent premium accommodation at check-in.
Originally Posted by wyvern
QF lounge in BKK is good, never used the showers but the loos are nice.
Showers are pretty good - each is one big room without much internal division. The plumbing can be a bit temperamental, but it usually sorts itself out.

The internet connection is poor when there are too many people using it. QF went to a lot of trouble to install lots of computers, but when the lounge is busy they're virtually unusable because of the bandwith hogs using their own laptops.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by SYDguy
I recommend a search on Air Astana in FT.

Otherwise, the mixture in T4 looks exciting;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathro...rearrangements

What seems unclear to me is what with T1, when demolished for expansion of coming new T2. Will LHR join ARN in having Terminals numbered from 2 to 5?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.