Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Seated in First
Wow.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What about LHR-MRU-LHR? The flights are a little longer than those to SFO, 12 hours vs. 10. Overnight outbound, daytime return, relatively little time on the ground at MRU, but just enough time for a shower in the lounge. I've done it.
Not a bad suggestion - whats the lounge like in MRU?

Efin
Old Oct 17, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by 1A4me
Probably the Whackiest trip I did was MAN-LHR-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR-MAN and I only spent 1 night in Sydney...! I know its not quite the same as what the OP was getting at - but it still felt like i'd spent a week on a plane...!
Any reason why you did not go from MAN to SIN directly? Apart from maybe the fact that they don't run the A380 on that route...?

Edit: Oh, you did not fly on SQ! Some people like to rough it, I suppose... :P
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:53 am

Programs: BD,BA
Originally Posted by HIDDY
May I ask why? Please don't say a mileage run.....
Okay... I confess...no it wasn't I mileage run..! I was a 'cling-on' - tagging along with one of the crew the trip round - so also got a few nights in Singapore as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.