Galleries - How loud can you talk?

Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gaz
Quite, and said shouters are never talking about anything interesting that you'd actually want to overhear.
Then perhaps there is scope for some FTers to meet up in the lounge and, in their suits, with their blackberries flashing on the table, discuss loudly the cash flow problems at Goldman Sachs or, if American, the fact that there are already some ICBMs targetting LON (I have it on the best authorities that this is in fact true) and perhaps some should be BHX or MAN.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Should I create a profile name "talkingloudlyingalleries" ?
check with printingandbreakfast, he knows all about it
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by johnny5a
interesting ... the spot where the loud guys were sat must be contagious coz there is now a bloke sat there on his phone speaking loudly what sounds like a Scandinavian type language. He sounds a little like Swedish chef.
HURDY GURDY!? It was not me btw...
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I do think nationality has something to do with it. Here, everyone talks loudly and over the top of each other - get a bunch of women together and it's bedlam.
You got it! I tremble thinking of attending dinner at my Mothers place. She is Polish and her girl friends are generally from SA or Spain/Portugal and it is deafening!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I think that you are being a bit unfair.

When I was a boy I did a lot of singing and accordingly my voice carries well over long distances, even if I am talking quietly. These individuals may work in a loud environment and so be used to having to talk loudly. So even if you can hear every word I am sure that there is a good chance they are not doing it on purpose.
I don't think it's unfair, & whether or not it's on purpose is irrelevent. They can go outside the lounge, or even better back down to the airport concourse where they won't disturb lounge passengers.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
the fact that there are already some ICBMs targetting LON (I have it on the best authorities that this is in fact true)
American ICBMs? I think your source is not well informed on that one.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by ajax
Maybe they don't care?
Maybe they want attention?
I feel your pain.

I don't care, when the DYKWIA crowd gathers, the only help is if they are using mobiles:
http://www.phone-jammer.com/

When talking to themselves, without tech support, tell them off.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:29 am

I have wondered ... has there ever been fisticuffs (translation: a fight) in a BA lounge ? I'm sure some DYKWIA, coupled with DYAWID (Don't you ask what I drank) has swung at others who were critiquing their style.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Originally Posted by onobond
I don't care, when the DYKWIA crowd gathers, the only help is if they are using mobiles:
http://www.phone-jammer.com/

When talking to themselves, without tech support, tell them off.
Impressive, but not sure how you would explain that one to her majesty's finest.......
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Railroad flyer
Impressive, but not sure how you would explain that one to her majesty's finest.......
And "him/her indoors", considering you can buy the same devices on other websites for 35-50% of the prices quoted.

Assuming of course you get the device past customs!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Well, if you don't like it, you can always bugger off back home

Bloody foreigners.

Maybe we could do a swap, I'll go back to Edinburgh, and you can come to New Jersey!

Cheers,
Rick
well, as I am half American and half British, I would have to cut myself in half to do that! In my experience no Nationality has a monopoly on rudeness and ignorance. There are a few Brits around who still think that we are the only cultured, polite people left on earth, but as I noted before the behaviour of some of our (British) compatriots would have many a European in Spain, Eastern Europe, France, Italy, etc shaking their heads in disbelief.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ediYank
the behaviour of some of our (British) compatriots would have many a European in Spain, Eastern Europe, France, Italy, etc shaking their heads in disbelief.
Yes they are called Liverpool FC fans lmao
Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BA Loyal
My vote goes to "somewhere across the Atlantic"...
My vote goes to......... a group of loud Brits, Australians, Italians, Spanish, French, German, American, Canadian, Chinese, etc etc.

Sorry, I know what some were getting at but loud people are part of every country and I've heard every nationality being loud mouthed, not just what was being hinted at.

Disappointing that the "let's hates the Americans" thing rears its ugly head again
Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:29 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Disappointing that the "let's hates the Americans" thing rears its ugly head again
Exactly sunrisegirl^ it's getting old
Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
isappointing that the "let's hates the Americans" thing rears its ugly head again
Do not despair my dear. Those of us who do not tolerate it tend to lash out quickly and swiftly. The concerned parties tend to get the message in rather short order.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.