"Exclusive flight offer" on ba.com - how targeted?

Old Oct 15, 09, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK
"Exclusive flight offer" on ba.com - how targeted?

Recently became a BAEC Gold, currently registered in the US, and am curious to what extent BAEC targets its offers (and if they do, how do they do it)...

(Mods: I know this is not the first time this is being asked, but I've been trying to find some clear answers here - without luck...)

For instance, BA.com has a feature asking users to log in to the website and an "Exclusive flight offer" appears (currently a MASSIVE "Save $20* on round-trip flights"). How targeted is this offer? Do everyone who's logged on, regardless of status, get the same offer or is this only targeted to Golds in the US? (If so, I'm not particularly impressed...)

Are there any other Gold-specific offers made available? Or are all offers shown on ba.com available to everyone? Are there offline offers available to gold members? And is there a such as thing as a "Gold Newsletter" for instance which I know numerous other programmes have?

Thanks.

P.S. It does say that "This offer will end on October 14, 2009. Check back again on October 15, 2009 for the next great offer." Let's hope the new offer is better...
Old Oct 15, 09, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fly12345 View Post
For instance, BA.com has a feature asking users to log in to the website and an "Exclusive flight offer" appears (currently a MASSIVE "Save $20* on round-trip flights"). How targeted is this offer? Do everyone who's logged on, regardless of status, get the same offer or is this only targeted to Golds in the US? (If so, I'm not particularly impressed...)

[/I]
There aren't really any silver/gold-only offers that I can recall. And the "Exclusive Flight Offer" is for all BAEC members in the US. It has been $20 off for a while now, and the "new" offer is (surprise) $20 off through Nov. 9.

They have had good offers in the past, like $250 off a WT+ ticket. They had one over the summer that was advertised as 30% off a WT ticket, but would give you 30% off any ticket.

I've been pretty disappointed with the sales this fall from the US. They had the one WT sale that was okay, but other than that, it has been pretty quiet. They have the current complimentary ticket offer, but that is for very expensive fares only.

It would be nice to see a 50k mileage bonus like they had back in the spring, or something like that from the US. I would think they would be doing more to fill premium cabins from the US this fall/ winter.

But maybe the strategy of overselling WT and WT+ and upgrading people to Club/ FIRST is what's working best right now from the US.
Old Oct 15, 09, 8:01 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Hilton Hhonors, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
I agree that the $20 offer does not incent me at all to book my short term travel with BA - it would seem that the US market is holding up better for BA than the UK and EU where offers and incentives are greater in number and value
Old Oct 15, 09, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
My current offering on the "News and Offers" link is:

Originally Posted by ba.com
Get your skis on - 50% BA Miles discount to Denver, Colorado

Planning an escape from the pressures of work to the peace of the piste? Then here’s the perfect opportunity. As an Executive Club Member you can enjoy a fantastic 50% reduction on the full BA Miles price to Denver, Colorado. Now just 25,000 BA Miles instead of 50,000 BA Miles.*

If you don’t have enough BA Miles, why not use Part Cash Part Miles? We’re also offering a 50% discount on miles when you pay with Part Cash Part Miles. The price is reduced from 25,000 BA Miles plus 195 to just 12,500 BA Miles plus 195.*

Colorado offers some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the world, including powder snow and cross country. And with great resorts, including Aspen and Beaver Creek, clustered around, there’s something for every taste and pocket.

Book your reward flight now

Book your flights between 7 and 30 September 2009 to travel between 1 October 2009 and 30 April 2010, using your BA Miles
What's the point?
Old Oct 15, 09, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn View Post
I agree that the $20 offer does not incent me at all to book my short term travel with BA -
At least you're getting something.

Argentina has had the same special offer to London for years - even the picture shows the old CW cabin.

Search this Thread