Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Humiliated businesswoman frog-marched off British Airways flight in row over mobile

Humiliated businesswoman frog-marched off British Airways flight in row over mobile

Old Oct 21, 09, 8:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
None: During the safety briefing, you should not be reading a newspaper either.
We are talking about the time before pushback. At least in my experience, 99% of the time, the safety briefing is made while the aircraft is moving.
Old Oct 21, 09, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy View Post
We are talking about the time before pushback. At least in my experience, 99% of the time, the safety briefing is made while the aircraft is moving.
But as you are aware of when your Blackberry should be turned off, why do you choose to ignore the rules ?
Old Oct 21, 09, 9:18 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
None: During the safety briefing, you should not be reading a newspaper either.
what to do with people eating, dealing with kids that are yelling or people putting on make up...guess we all need to frog march them off the plane when they do not pay attention to the safety briefing.
Old Oct 21, 09, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by hammythehammer View Post
But as you are aware of when your Blackberry should be turned off, why do you choose to ignore the rules ?
...on one flight, i went into my carry on after the flight and in the terminal and noticed it was left on for the entire flight...i have walked through the cabin and notice people with lap tops with the wifi light all light up and clearly people have no idea how to turn it off...figure its not my business and up to FA's to enforce the rules....
Old Oct 21, 09, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by mkjr View Post
...on one flight, i went into my carry on after the flight and in the terminal and noticed it was left on for the entire flight...i have walked through the cabin and notice people with lap tops with the wifi light all light up and clearly people have no idea how to turn it off...figure its not my business and up to FA's to enforce the rules....
It's up to you as an individual to take responsibility for turning your items off.
I don't see the problem.
I suspect it's more likely that someone leaves a mobile on, if they leave it to the last possible moment.
I'd be happy for a rule where you don't have it switched on at any time on board.
Old Oct 21, 09, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by hammythehammer View Post
It's up to you as an individual to take responsibility for turning your items off.
I don't see the problem.
I suspect it's more likely that someone leaves a mobile on, if they leave it to the last possible moment.
I'd be happy for a rule where you don't have it switched on at any time on board.
....i agree with you...FYI, i am in the camp that knows that nothing i do is so important that it can't wait...

.... but if the objective is to get people to pay attention to the safety instructions, you can suck and blow as to what is an issue and what is not an issue..you have to clamp down on all things that prevent people from paying attention to the safety instructions or else its just hypocritical IMO....

...me, i listen, read and count the number of rows to the exit nearest me when i board a plane....picked up the habit from my mother...i asked her why she does it...she said when you can can not see you can count and you already know how far you have to go...
Old Oct 21, 09, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mkjr View Post
what to do with people eating, dealing with kids that are yelling or people putting on make up...guess we all need to frog march them off the plane when they do not pay attention to the safety briefing.
AFAIK there is no rule that you have to pay attention to the safety briefing. But there is a rule that you have to turn off your phone.

I cannot understand how this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

I cannot take 101ml of shampoo on board (yet I can take 2 x 100 ). Is it a stupid rule? Yup (though I'm not saying the mobile rule is or isn't stupid). It's the rules. Everyone must follow them. Period. Most of you in this thread live in developed nations where the rule of law generally applies and works, right? So how can the selective flouting of rules seem OK to you? Come spend some time where I live and see what society looks like when a people do whatever they want regardless. I simply don't see the argument.

If you don't like the rule, campaign to have it changed. Otherwise....

Originally Posted by glamgirl20 View Post
Funny you should mention MPs... I nearly had to offload one a couple of years back, due to a phone issue....
Given the recent scandals with them in the news why am I not surprised they are the biggest DYKWIAs?
Old Oct 21, 09, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by pjoalfa View Post
AFAIK there is no rule that you have to pay attention to the safety briefing. But there is a rule that you have to turn off your phone.

I cannot understand how this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

I cannot take 101ml of shampoo on board (yet I can take 2 x 100 ). Is it a stupid rule? Yup (though I'm not saying the mobile rule is or isn't stupid). It's the rules. Everyone must follow them. Period. Most of you in this thread live in developed nations where the rule of law generally applies and works, right? So how can the selective flouting of rules seem OK to you? Come spend some time where I live and see what society looks like when a people do whatever they want regardless. I simply don't see the argument.

If you don't like the rule, campaign to have it changed. Otherwise....

Given the recent scandals with them in the news why am I not surprised they are the biggest DYKWIAs?
never mind...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: