FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Missing curtain into Gatwick... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1005000-missing-curtain-into-gatwick.html)

Shuttle-Bored Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am

Missing curtain into Gatwick...

Came back from a jolly pleasant weekend in AMS yesterday afternoon. Friday's flight out was as pleasant as could be - swift efficient service, perfectly delivered to a lightly loaded Club cabin.

Returning yesterday however, we seemed to be missing one of the essential bits of kit - the divider between Club and ET was nowhere to be seen. :eek: Headrest covers were in place to demark the Club "cabin" but that was about it . One chancer took the opportunity to move into one a spare Club seats at the back, resulting in confusion when it came to service.

Not sure if it was caused by the plane heading off on a domestic route after our flight - but hope this isn't a sign of things to come..... Given the disappearance of other CE frills, fingers crossed it's not, err, curtains for the curtain.... (sorry, couldn't resist :D )

Sixth Freedom Oct 12, 2009 8:30 am

Crikey. Sounds a bit like being on American Airlines, only worse. :eek:

Still, pity the ET passengers being forced to watch the CE passengers get their champagne.

They really should have the curtain closed. I was travelling on a 747 (upper deck of course ;)) on Saturday and when I went for a wander I found that the curtains between WTP and WT were left open.

edi-traveller Oct 12, 2009 8:48 am

Did a few trips in ET to Rome earlier in the year on A321s and I was sat in the row behind the curtain. They just had the little curtains that sit above the tops of the seats - but no big curtain covering the aisle.

HIDDY Oct 12, 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored (Post 12607814)
but hope this isn't a sign of things to come.....

Indeed....I don't like seeing what the business class passengers are being served with from my seat back in economy. :p

globalste Oct 12, 2009 9:14 am

Utter disgrace. Send them a letter threatening to never fly Britair again unless they credit you with 20k miles!

Ive seen what Edi Traveller said quite a bit, have also seen main curtain shut and headrest curtains open.

What annoys me the most is people queuing in the isle for the toilet and cabin crew not sending them back to the rear of the aircraft.

Motors Oct 12, 2009 9:19 am

Oh dear so it's bring your own curtain now?! ;) I guess I could just pin a few coats to the ceiling. Plus I think a big KEEP OUT sign is needed that politely points out the normal toilets are at the back of the plane! :D

jaslocombe Oct 12, 2009 9:33 am

Yep, I was on that 737 yesterday... LGW-MAD no curtain

Shuttle-Bored Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 12608162)
Indeed....I don't like seeing what the business class passengers are being served with from my seat back in economy. :p

:D

That's the thing - whilst the curtain is merely a flimsy bit of fabric, it does avoid highlighting the difference in service between what's happening down the back and what you're enjoying up front. Fair enough, AMS isn't long enough to cane the champers too much, but it did feel slightly uncomfortable.

Fortunately the bog queue wasn't too much of a problem.

Physci Oct 12, 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Motors (Post 12608197)
Oh dear so it's bring your own curtain now?! ;) I guess I could just pin a few coats to the ceiling.

So who is going to be first to "Bring out the Chintz" ? :D

mradey Oct 12, 2009 9:55 am

Same, same LGW-KRK last Thursday (8th October).

Constant stream of Euro-Travellers using the front loo.

Adey

cornishsimon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 am

:td: Please tell me that this isnt yet another enhancement

Paging a certain friendly member of LGW staff !!

CS

sunrisegirl Oct 12, 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon (Post 12608536)
:td: Please tell me that this isnt yet another enhancement

Paging a certain friendly member of LGW staff !!

CS

Did someone call? Or are you looking for one of those great LGW crew members? :)

I'm certainly not aware of the curtain being removed, and in was in place for a trip I did to AMS about 3 weeks ago.
That said, I'm ground staff and not crew, who'd obviously be better placed to confirm whether it remains.
Also, I've done a very short trip to/from LGW where the curtain was never put in place despite it being there. The crew were a lazy one who couldn't be bothered (Thankfully those ones are few and far between at LGW).

CrawleyInternational Oct 12, 2009 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 12608669)
Did someone call? Or are you looking for one of those great LGW crew members? :)

I'm certainly not aware of the curtain being removed, and in was in place for a trip I did to AMS about 3 weeks ago.
That said, I'm ground staff and not crew, who'd obviously be better placed to confirm whether it remains.
Also, I've done a very short trip to/from LGW where the curtain was never put in place despite it being there. The crew were a lazy one who couldn't be bothered (Thankfully those ones are few and far between at LGW).

The curtain certainly remains. Sometimes the dividers are broken so cannot be used. Occasionally they are totally removed. On the 737 fleet the divider is in one piece whereas on the Airbus it is in three so the remaining curtains can still be used.

cornishsimon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 12608669)

Sum1 did call !
thanks for your prompt reply!
glad to hear that this isnt an enhancement in service from BA! obviously if it was you would of heard about it by now.

^Very quick and helpful as ever, keep up the good work at LGW, and fingers crossed for all you guys for the future!

Also thanks to CrawleyInternational

perhaps Shuttle-Bored & jaslocombe & mradey have all had the misfortune of flying the same 734 which nobody has bothered to report the fault on to have it repaired ?

life's too short Oct 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Wasn't an RJ100 per chance? Was on one last week where the curtain and heavy divider thingy (technical term) fell off during boarding luckily without injuring anyone. :D Kind of reminds me of my first FR flight when the FA did the safety demo and at the point of "place the mask over your face", she pulled on the clearly decrepit elastic and the whole thing fell to pieces. Never been keen on them since...

Edit: oops no it wasn't an RJ100!