FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA don't know what day it is! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1004691-ba-dont-know-what-day.html)

LHR-HUB Oct 11, 2009 5:40 am

BA don't know what day it is!

Got this e-mail yesterday (10th Oct)

"Dear LHR-HUB, Booking reference: xxxxxx

It’s less than a day before you start flying.

We are looking forward to welcoming you onboard flight BA0032 from Hong Kong Terminal 1 on 14 October 2009 at 23:40.
"

:confused:

Also, just went to MMB to see if any nicer seats had opened up (currently in 60K) and 64A was there for the taking (with 64C also currently free). Clicked on my little man and while it was turning green, 64A disappeared right before my eyes! anyone seen this before?

Stez Oct 11, 2009 6:20 am

Originally Posted by LHR-HUB (Post 12599768)
my little man and while it was turning green

I think you need to see a doctor asap

BingBongBoy Oct 11, 2009 6:34 am

I frequently don't know what day it is.... But then again, I work for BA, so probably quite apt then! I rely on the stickers on the catering canisters to tell me what the date is!

sunrisegirl Oct 11, 2009 7:40 am

I frequently don't know what day it is either. It's either a work day or it's not - simples!!!

Maybe they're working on HKG time! I'm flying out this week but they've not send me a "your flight is tomorrow" e-mail yet.

vla Oct 11, 2009 7:46 am

Originally Posted by LHR-HUB (Post 12599768)
Also, just went to MMB to see if any nicer seats had opened up (currently in 60K) and 64A was there for the taking (with 64C also currently free). Clicked on my little man and while it was turning green, 64A disappeared right before my eyes! anyone seen this before?

Yes, this is standard. It opens at T-24 and appears on MMB at T-72. (I think. But I bagged 64A the other week in similar circumstances.)

Sixth Freedom Oct 11, 2009 11:25 am

Originally Posted by vla (Post 12600256)
Yes, this is standard. It opens at T-24 and appears on MMB at T-72. (I think. But I bagged 64A the other week in similar circumstances.)

If you call BA they can move you to 64A after giving you a warning that you may be ousted for a passenger travelling with an infant.

heckenhocker Oct 11, 2009 11:29 am

Am highly amused by the OP having to edit due to failure to correctly type his/her own name after accusing BA of not knowing which day it is :D:p

Good thing we have to carry passports :)

Thanks for the afternoon giggle!

LHR-HUB Oct 11, 2009 11:33 am

Originally Posted by heckenhocker (Post 12601408)
Am highly amused by the OP having to edit due to failure to correctly type his/her own name after accusing BA of not knowing which day it is :D:p

Good thing we have to carry passports :)

Thanks for the afternoon giggle!

:eek: just noticed my passport doesn't have the name "LHR-HUB". Will they let me on board??

heckenhocker Oct 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by LHR-HUB (Post 12601421)
:eek: just noticed my passport doesn't have the name "LHR-HUB". Will they let me on board??

It's precisely because your passport carries a different name from your FT-name that they let you (or indeed any of us) on board :D