FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1004128-ba-chase-visa-signature-card-usa-travel-together-questions-master-thread.html)

travelmad478 Nov 7, 2009 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by rexb (Post 12784103)
Now being reported in the New York Times...

http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...nup-bonus-ever

My God, the comments section for that article is hilarious. You can really, really tell you are not on FT over there.

mre5765 Nov 7, 2009 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478 (Post 12785376)
My God, the comments section for that article is hilarious. You can really, really tell you are not on FT over there.

Only one informed comment in the bunch (the one that pointed out 100K miles is worth one business class TATL round trip).

NatsDad Nov 8, 2009 8:04 am

Are Chase as vigilant as Amex UK are on the domicile of the member account?

sicce Nov 8, 2009 9:32 am

BA Signature Chase Card - application question?

I got an email today from Chase offering 50,000 bonus miles for their BA Signature card. I ready the T&C's and it states that if I am not approved for the Signature card I would be automatically be considered for the BA Platinum Card.

My question is would this platinum card be entitled to the same 50,000 bonus offer?

Thanks
Sic

ssing Nov 8, 2009 10:22 am

I wonder if anyone got approved already. I could not find a number to check the application status.

NatsDad Nov 8, 2009 11:06 am

According the email we received we will be notified by mail in 15 - 20 days.

RedSox Nov 8, 2009 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ssing (Post 12787987)
I wonder if anyone got approved already. I could not find a number to check the application status.

Courtesy of teammjs

800-945-2006

then press #, the 1, then enter your SSN.

dgwright99 Nov 8, 2009 11:24 am

Originally Posted by RedSox (Post 12788185)
Courtesy of teammjs

800-945-2006

then press #, the 1, then enter your SSN.

Not convinced that it's a good idea to dial a phone number listed on a message board from my home phone and then enter my SSN.

RedSox Nov 8, 2009 11:54 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99 (Post 12788194)
Not convinced that it's a good idea to dial a phone number listed on a message board from my home phone and then enter my SSN.

I understand your caution. If you decide not to use it, that's your prerogative. Google or reverse lookup the number if it makes you more comfortable.

If you have an on line Chase account already, the new card will get added to your profile within a couple of days of approval. You can check that way.

Prospero Nov 8, 2009 12:01 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the BA Board, sicce :)

RedSox Nov 8, 2009 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by sicce (Post 12787790)
I got an email today from Chase offering 50,000 bonus miles for their BA Signature card. I ready the T&C's and it states that if I am not approved for the Signature card I would be automatically be considered for the BA Platinum Card.

My question is would this platinum card be entitled to the same 50,000 bonus offer?

Thanks
Sic

Welcome to FT.

Review the T&C's again, they shouldn't specify BA Visa Signature Card or BA Platinum Card. The should only say Visa Signature Card and Platinum Card.

You should get the bonus miles no matter which card you're approved for.

stan1162 Nov 9, 2009 7:59 am

Questions/Need help

I asked the foloowing on another thread here on FT with no responses. Maybe one of you would know the answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read through both whole thread(s).... Here's my question. I live in Memphis.

Neither BA or AA have have "convenient" itineraries to Europe, or Hawaii, both places I will be going within the next year.

Question, I really like the fewer miles it takes to get via AA. How easy would it be for me to redeem miles from MEM to BCN via AA or MEM to Hawaii via with this promo? Is it an advantage or disadvantage (if one doesnt mind the many more stops in order to use fewer miles) to be in a city NOT like NYC that does have direct BA flights?

Would they try to put me on AA automatically, or BA automatically? DO I use the AA "miles required" grid to figure it out and try to make my own itinerary on all AA, and then call in for how many miles it would take?

Just trying to fugure out if its worth it. Memphis is a expensive place to fly anywhere to.

I am so confused....

I should add, I am looking at redemption in "coach" class of service ( if that makes any difference in the answer).

rrgg Nov 9, 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by stan1162 (Post 12792356)
How easy would it be for me to redeem miles from MEM to BCN via AA or MEM to Hawaii via with this promo? Is it an advantage or disadvantage (if one doesnt mind the many more stops in order to use fewer miles) to be in a city NOT like NYC that does have direct BA flights?

Would they try to put me on AA automatically, or BA automatically? DO I use the AA "miles required" grid to figure it out and try to make my own itinerary on all AA, and then call in for how many miles it would take?

I don't know if this helps but if you're going to BCN, the transatlantic portion between the US and UK must be on BA. Otherwise whether you use BA miles or AA miles for an AA flight, it should be equally easy or difficult, since they come out of the same inventory of awards.

If you're only focused on the 2-for-1 portion of the promo, that is for BA mainline flights only. So you'd have to buy a ticket to DFW or somewhere BA flies, and then use the 2-for-1 on BA.

sailingman22 Nov 10, 2009 11:01 am

Does anyone know if this British Airways promotion will be available to Canadian residents in the future?

toadman Nov 10, 2009 11:54 am

I received the e-mail on the Visa promo over the weekend. I plan on signing up for it as it will be very easy to get the 100k miles. Heck, will probably have my wife sign up as well and end up with 200k miles btwn the two of us.

Only problem I had during sign up was getting the confirmation after hitting the submit button. I am not a member of BA's FF program and it wouldn't confirm w/o me inputting a FF #. So I went and signed up and got a membership #.

(I only signed up for BA's e-mails on special fares, etc, never joined the FF program.)

cutnana Nov 11, 2009 12:35 am

Any news on this?

ba.com helper Nov 11, 2009 12:42 am

Hi all,

I can confirm if you were a previous cardholder and not a current cardholder, you will be eligible for the bonus miles if you apply (and subsequently are approved by Chase).

Kind regards,

Dilly

MrHalliday Nov 11, 2009 6:34 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 12804352)
Hi all, I can confirm if you were a previous cardholder and not a current cardholder, you will be eligible for the bonus miles if you apply (and subsequently are approved by Chase).

Kind regards, Dilly

That is great news, THANKS !
Just finished submitting my application.

pagotto Nov 11, 2009 8:51 am

Just a data point here but I signed up for the card last Friday and logging on to my Chase.com account I now see the card posted.

If you're looking for your approval status and have a Chase login, check out the website.

bernardd Nov 11, 2009 9:14 am

I still haven't been able to work out if the dis-allowed existing cardholders are any Chase cardholders or only those hold BA branded loyalty cards?

What happens if you sign up but already hold a card that makes you ineligible for this promotion? Do they issue the new card, take your $75 fee and refuse to give you the miles?

It would certainly be nice to know up front rather than lose the miles or have a declined card show up on your credit report.

nmenaker Nov 11, 2009 9:33 am

another data point, I signed up on the first day, and yesterday received a request for address confirmation and I need to send in a bill or something with name and address.

Strange, since I have other Chase cards, well the one MP visa. Anyway, be on the lookout for further requirements for the application process

thumbelina Nov 11, 2009 10:48 am

applied for Chase cc. Help with ?--do BA offer extra bonus with miles purchase often?

I tried the search function and google, but couldn't find the answer.

Have applied for Chase credit card, but hesitant to buy the other 20,000 needed until I have been approved as 20,000 alone not good for much and my
further planned travels on BA may only be late next year and there is not much one can do with 20,000 orphaned BA miles. Wouldn't want to waste $400-500 in the interim.

Is there likely to be another 25% bonus offer on miles?

Do they frequently offer bonus miles for miles purchases around the holidays?

UAfan Nov 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 12804352)
Hi all,

I can confirm if you were a previous cardholder and not a current cardholder, you will be eligible for the bonus miles if you apply (and subsequently are approved by Chase).

Kind regards,

Dilly

Hello,
Not quite clear on this... Is reference to "previous" and "current" cardholder specifically the holder of a BA branded Chase card or is it of ANY Chase card? E.g. - If I currently have a Chase United Mileage Plus Signature Card am I still eligible for this Chase BA Card bonus offer??

TIA! :)

bernardd Nov 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by UAfan (Post 12810286)
Not quite clear on this... Is reference to "previous" and "current" cardholder specifically the holder of a BA branded Chase card or is it of ANY Chase card? E.g. - If I currently have a Chase United Mileage Plus Signature Card am I still eligible for this Chase BA Card bonus offer??

Thanks for asking that - that's exactly the question I've been trying to get at since last week.

Paulchili Nov 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello,

Yes you are.
It applies specifically to previous or current Chase BA visa card.
You can have any other brands of Chase cards. You are eligible for each promotion only once (United Mileage, BA, etc)

ba.com helper Nov 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure but I will find out.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Hello,

MrHalliday Nov 12, 2009 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 12810971)
Hi,
I'm not sure but I will find out.

Kind regards,
Dilly

Oh NO, don't tell me NOW that you are not sure !:D

JIMCHI Nov 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Is there any way of using the companion award certificate for an open-jaw trip (e.g SFO-LHR-CDG return FRA-LHR-SFO) ?

Susan4 Nov 16, 2009 11:37 am

Translation please?

[QUOTE=Vegas;12780446]A couple of examples re. taxes and fuel surcharges :

DFW - LHR return (May 09) MFU from WT+ to CW using 25k miles - Taxes, fees and surcharges = $624 per person.

DFW - LHR return (Sept 09) MFU from CW to F using 50k miles - Taxes, fees and surcharges = $659 per person.

I have been using the site for awhile now, but still confused. Could someone please translate "MFU from WT+ to CW" ?

Thanks

IMH Nov 16, 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Susan4 (Post 12827472)
Could someone please translate "MFU from WT+ to CW" ?

Miles For Upgrade(s)

World Traveller Plus (premium economy)

Club World (long haul business)

EDIT: see also the Ultimate BA Guide list of acronyms.

HAM76 Nov 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Susan4 (Post 12827472)
Could someone please translate "MFU from WT+ to CW" ?

You pay with cash for premium economy and use miles to upgrade to business class. BA has an option to book both parts at the same time.

Susan4 Nov 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks

Thanks! I did not see MFU in the acronym list.

JIMCHI Nov 17, 2009 9:36 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI (Post 12818425)
Is there any way of using the companion award certificate for an open-jaw trip (e.g SFO-LHR-CDG return FRA-LHR-SFO) ?

Dilly, can you try to get an answer on this ? Thank you.

yyyccclll Nov 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by HAM76 (Post 12827742)
You pay with cash for premium economy and use miles to upgrade to business class. BA has an option to book both parts at the same time.

do you earn mileage for this kind of reservation?

jzafar Nov 17, 2009 4:24 pm

received my new Visa

i just received my new British Airways Visa Signature card today. I am not sure if I was approved for the card that will earn the 50,000 miles after first purchase, etc.

In the accompanying brochure, it states that this card earns 2.5 miles for every $1 spent on BA purchases and 1.25 miles for every $1 spent.

I guess I will have to call to find out if I got the card I wanted and not the 2nd place.

jzafar Nov 17, 2009 4:38 pm

yeah!!!

Just confirmed with rep - I did get the offer. I last had a Chase British airways visa back in 2006 for about a year and eventually canceled. So to answer the question - yes, past cardholders can receive this card.

nmenaker Nov 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Wow, it is pretty CRAZY taxes and fees for travel. I just tried to find a booking from USA to London, SFO to LHR. for Business/Club class, 100000 miles, (which is what we should get from this promo) PLUS 625$ in FUEL SURCHARGES (somehow, the charges for business are more than economy but of course less than First class) and taxes and fees. Doesn't seem like much of a deal at all. I might just bail on the whole thing

chuckd Nov 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by jzafar (Post 12836868)
Just confirmed with rep - I did get the offer. I last had a Chase British airways visa back in 2006 for about a year and eventually canceled. So to answer the question - yes, past cardholders can receive this card.

Of course you can get the card, that isn't the issue. Getting the bonus is the question. Hopefully it'll work out.

RedSox Nov 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker (Post 12836918)
Wow, it is pretty CRAZY taxes and fees for travel. I just tried to find a booking from USA to London, SFO to LHR. for Business/Club class, 100000 miles, (which is what we should get from this promo) PLUS 625$ in FUEL SURCHARGES (somehow, the charges for business are more than economy but of course less than First class) and taxes and fees. Doesn't seem like much of a deal at all. I might just bail on the whole thing

Use the miles on a partner award and avoid the fuel surcharge and taxes.

The 100k miles are good for 4 domestic milesaver awards on AA, that's not a bad deal.

Crampedin13A Nov 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker (Post 12836918)

$625 in taxes and surcharges plus $75 for the card for a TATL CW seat and people are complaining.:rolleyes: How much is BA selling these miles to Chase for? Plus will there be any TATL reward or MFU availability on BA at all for the next few years for NA EC members who actually earned their miles from flying BA if this card's offer takes off in a big way?