Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Paulchili
I understand that Chase wants to attract new customers, but how is this fair to their "old & loyal" customers? Unless getting sha**ed is considered fair by Chase.
Sadly this can happen to you with any card. Can't even count the number of times it's happend to me but most recently it was with the HH AMEX.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:29 pm

BA Visa 2 4 1 Not Good for AA Travel

Originally Posted by travelmad478
BA miles are already usable on any non-TATL AA flight. If you want to do a TATL, you can use BA miles on AA to get yourself to a BA-served airport. This may be a giant PITA and not worth it, but it's not an insurmountable problem.
Just remember that the T & C of the soon to be issued BA Visa Redemption Vouchers (for $30,000. annual spend) clearly state that the 2 4 1 Redemption Voucher is only valid on mainline BA Coded Flights.

"Redemption Flights and Redemption Vouchers may only be used for flights on British Airways mainline service, which have a BA prefixed flight number. Travel on franchise, codeshare or alliance airlines is not permitted. Travel must originate and return to the US."

This eliminates any redemption of a 2 4 1 Voucher for travel on AA.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by zoosh
Just remember that the T & C of the soon to be issued BA Visa Redemption Vouchers (for $30,000. annual spend) clearly state that the 2 4 1 Redemption Voucher is only valid on mainline BA Coded Flights.

"Redemption Flights and Redemption Vouchers may only be used for flights on British Airways mainline service, which have a BA prefixed flight number. Travel on franchise, codeshare or alliance airlines is not permitted. Travel must originate and return to the US."

This eliminates any redemption of a 2 4 1 Voucher for travel on AA.
But the miles (100K bonus and miles earned for card spending) are regular BA miles, right? They're not earmarked for BA metal only. That's what I was referring to. The fact that companion vouchers will only be usable on BA metal is OK for me--we take plenty of these flights anyway.

Now, I just need to figure out how to charge $30,000 by the end of December so I can take advantage of the fact that the 2-4-1 offer re-sets with each calendar year...
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:52 pm
pdb

Perusing the T&Cs, I don't see any requirement to be a BAEC NA member. If someone is a European-based BAEC member (not Euro-cheat, but legitimate European BAEC member), where they prevented from taking part, so long as they have a US mailing address, SSN, and US credit history?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
100k bonus miles for BA Case card!

All,

You can get a 50k sign up bonus + 50k for spending 2k in the first three months:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin

I have too many cards, so can't apply, but enjoy!

cheers,

Timothy
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:21 am

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
thanks got that offer too. Very good promotion...
jr
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: AA PLAT SPG GOLD
This offer does not appear on BA website and credit card customer service say they know nothing about it. Is this legit?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
maybe it was all a very nice targeted credit report scam! I mean, we DID have to put our SS# number in there. We could all be $%^#>!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by dnfuss
This offer does not appear on BA website and credit card customer service say they know nothing about it. Is this legit?

I don't know about others but I can see it on the "news & offers" page once I log in to the US Executive Club.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by dnfuss
I did my application via the link provided, and when I put in my existing Chase UserID and PIN as requested, it pre-filled all of the data fields. So it is definitely Chase. The BA offer is supposed to start today (I haven't received an e-mail from BA yet, though), so maybe that's why it's not totally public yet.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
FWIW, just got this email re the companion ticket and the higher earn rate, but not the bonus 100,000 miles. I do have a Chase BA Visa card, but not a Signature card. Would welcome Dilly's input re my previous question about getting a Signature card can quality someone with a non-Signature card for the 100,000 mile offer.

Same great card. New great rewards.

As a British Airways Visa Cardmember, you earn travel rewards every time you use your card to make everyday purchases and pay bills. Now, you can enjoy these recently upgraded benefits, which will allow you to redeem travel rewards even faster:

Redeem for 1, Travel for 2.
Every year you spend $30,000 on your card you will receive a redemption voucher for a companion, valid for two years. Redeem your BA Miles on a British Airways flight and take anyone with you, on the same flight in the same class of service.1

A 25% higher earn rate.
Earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways flights, land products and vacation packages. Earn 1.25 BA Miles for every $1 spent on everyday purchases.2

Of course, your original card benefits still apply. You will still enjoy unlimited complimentary companion tickets with every purchase of a full-fare ticket in World Traveller Plus, Club Worldand First Class3 and a $50 discount when you book round-trip transatlantic flights online.4
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I got the same email, and I didn't have a chase BA card. Maybe it was send to BA executive club members already.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA,UA,BA,Marriott
I canceled my BA Visa earlier this year. I had had it for years and was sick of paying $65 a year as I had switched to Citi AA cards.

Am I correct in thinking that I will not qualify for the 2 x 50K bonuses if I were to reapply for the card and be accepted?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
The web site is registered by Chase. Was the first thing I checked this morning as the offer is just too good to be true. Unfortunately only available inside the US.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: Focus Programs: Air: AA, AC, AS, WN Hotel: Hyatt, IHG
Bottom line on this new BA Chase Offer

I am currently fully paid off on all cards and looking to switch to a better one for travel -- the primary use being flights from DFW/IAH to Europe, primarily UK/IRE/GER, and primarily in mid-March or June-July. I can put $30K/year to earn the companion ticket. Obviously, this offer could be of tremendous value to some people, but concerns over redemption availability and fuel surcharge/taxes make me wonder. What do current holders of this card and/or members in Executive Club think is the best use? In other words, if taxes/fuel charges are high and availability limited, it might be best for my wife and I to each get a card, hit the $2K spend to get 100K miles, and use it as a one-off way to fly B-class DFW-LHR at the Y price (e.g., taxes, fuel, and cc annual fee ~ = coach)? On the other hand if availability were good and taxes/fuel surcharge "reasonable," then I'd put all possible spending on this card to earn a companion ticket each year. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.