Avis Promotion problems

Old Oct 8, 09, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Avis Promotion problems

There is a link on BA.com to join Avis Preffered and get 2000points and a free upgrade.

THe problem is, none of my credit card details are accepted (this is only used for quick reservations, not to take any money from me) so I cant complete the application

Also, my double points (or any points for that matter) still havent posted from August and September rentals
Old Oct 8, 09, 1:28 pm

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
Can you post the link?...Thanks
Old Oct 8, 09, 1:33 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Hilton Hhonors, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
is it this one ?

http://www.avisba.com/

or this one

http://www.avisba.com/avisonline/gb/...Avis_Preferred

I had a look at it earlier - might be worth signing up

BBF
Old Oct 8, 09, 1:47 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Hilton Hhonors, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
I managed to sign up - will be interesting to see if 500 miles post... I have a sneaking suspicion they wont
Old Oct 8, 09, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by globalste View Post
There is a link on BA.com to join Avis Preffered and get 2000points and a free upgrade.

THe problem is, none of my credit card details are accepted (this is only used for quick reservations, not to take any money from me) so I cant complete the application

Also, my double points (or any points for that matter) still havent posted from August and September rentals
The online app seems to be a new feature, tried this a while back with only the fax option or snail mail, I would call about the problem.
Old Oct 8, 09, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn View Post
I managed to sign up - will be interesting to see if 500 miles post... I have a sneaking suspicion they wont
Join Avis Preferred for the fastest way to rent a car and receive 500 bonus BA Miles on your first Avis Preferred rental plus a complimentary car upgrade on your next rental. Might need to rent a car first on this one.
Old Oct 8, 09, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
Took 3 attempts before it accepted my cc.
I then got an email with Preferred number which then worked in the reservations area.
Old Oct 9, 09, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Purdey View Post
Took 3 attempts before it accepted my cc.
I then got an email with Preferred number which then worked in the reservations area.
I may give it another whirl, or i may just fax it off...

Search this Thread