FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How long to post - Avis and Travelex Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1002861-how-long-post-avis-travelex-miles.html)

McG Oct 6, 2009 5:49 am

How long to post - Avis and Travelex Miles

Got currency through Travelex at the end of August, and a car in early September from Avis. How long should it take for the miles to post to my account?

hingethunder Oct 6, 2009 6:13 am

Travelex miles never seem to post without prompting - there's another thread about this somewhere.

If you email [email protected] with the confirmation email and a scan of the receipt for the transaction, the miles should get added (my experience is this happens within 24 hours once you ask).

If your transaction should have qualified for double miles, you will probably need to prompt them again to get the bonus miles added.

dmahon Oct 6, 2009 6:49 am

I got BA points from Travelex today for money changed last Thursday. I've always got it quickly and automatically if my card has been swiped. When they have refused to swipe (eg ordered with BA-Avis) I have had to chase, despite my BAEC number being in the online information.

I have always had to chase AVIS and now do it regularly within 72 hours of the end of hire. The BA Avis missing miles form is all done electronically.

McG Oct 6, 2009 7:16 am

Cheers - I'll get a couple of missing miles claims lodged.

frankvb Oct 6, 2009 6:33 pm

Avis is consistently posting around 9 days after the end of the rental during the last months.

Only problem is that I never received the promised 250 miles when paying by BA AMEX :mad:

stevie-d Oct 7, 2009 2:16 am

Originally Posted by frankvb (Post 12547316)
Only problem is that I never received the promised 250 miles when paying by BA AMEX :mad:

On my last Avis rental I had to lodge a claim for missing miles, which was then processed very promptly, but I have not received 250 bonus miles for using BA Amex.

Gumbieben Oct 7, 2009 3:02 am

Travelex currency purchased last wednesday from Gatwick with card swiped posted 5 days later.

hingethunder Oct 7, 2009 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Gumbieben (Post 12552786)
Travelex currency purchased last wednesday from Gatwick with card swiped posted 5 days later.

They always refuse to swipe my card when I collect currency at Gatwick, saying "we can't do that here". I wouldn't mind so much if this was an obscure offer the staff haven't heard of, but they're sitting underneath a big sign shouting about BA Miles!

sunrisegirl Oct 7, 2009 3:25 am

I booked some money direct with Travelex on a couple of occasions in the last month or so. When I submitted the first lot to BA the miles came through. However, I've just received a letter telling me I do not qualify for miles on the second lot as I did not book my currency through the Travelex link on ba.com, Apparently this is the only way they'll be paid. :confused:

As the exchange rate through is link is considerably worse than by booking direct with Travelex it's cheaper to buy BA miles than to lose money as a result of the ridiculous exchange rate offered through ba.com