Reload this Page >

2-hour at GRU_what to do? Which *Lounge at GIG

2-hour at GRU_what to do? Which *Lounge at GIG

Old May 28, 2007, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Question 2-hour at GRU_what to do? Which *Lounge at GIG

Going to GIG in a couple of weeks. There is a 2+hour stop for both inbound and outbound flights via GRU.

A couple of quesitons:

1. What to do in GRU for a couple of hours? I can park at RCC, but would like to walk around the airport. Anything interesting?

2. Which lounge to use at GIG? Now that Varig is goine, but it there a lounge UA contacts with?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old May 28, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
GRU is a mighty boring airport, but the RCC is among the best in the system. Can't comment on GIG lounges.
Old May 28, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
The RCC Lounge at GRU is nice enough and usually has quite an array of food and drinks, both in the morning and evening.

To get their, stay on the same level as you arrive in the same direction that everybody is walking to immigration BUT do not go downstairs to immigration / passport control. Instead say to the airport personnel at the foot of the stairs to immigration, that you want to go to the RCC. They will show you the way to go through security screening / bag screening in order to make your way to the RCC, which will be one floor up on the upper level after security. Once in the RCC, it's a quick walk down one level, then to your departure gate without going to security.

Airside there's not a lot to see and the store selection is mediocre. There's more to do in the check-in public area of the airport.
Old May 28, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
GRU also has an Arrivals facility right inside the lounge. That may help pass some time - because there's not much else in GRU.
Old May 28, 2007, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1 MM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You could get a massage at one of the massage centers.

The RCC is pretty good as others have stated.
Old May 28, 2007, 9:18 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I am going to move this to the South America forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old May 30, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
Like others said, not much to do or see in GRU, specially if you only have a couple of hours. I´d stay at the RCC.

Regarding GIG, I don´t think there are any *A lounges anymore, but I could be wrong. Not sure if you´d be able to use the TAM lounge after they gteamed up with UA though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.