Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Domestic travel in Brazil - how much time to change planes and clear security?

Old Aug 26, 06, 1:55 am
Original Poster

I am doing a MIA-Sao Paulo then hop to another airline for a brazilian domestic city. My worries are not with immigration since I will do that in Sao Paulo. My question is would I have enough time to land from Sao Paulo to the domestic city, get baggage, recheck baggage, and clear security within an hour? Flight arrives at 12:30p and my connecting w/another airline departs at 1:30pm?

Has anyone gone through security for domestic travel in Brazil? I'll be going from TAM to OceanAir. Any suggestions are appreciated
Old Aug 28, 06, 1:08 pm

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Flight arrives at 12:30p and my connecting w/another airline departs at 1:30pm?

1h for connection with different airline is not feasible.

Rgs,
Old Aug 28, 06, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL,
Hello OP,

Unless you can hoof it rather quickly, then I agree with the previous poster that it unfeasible. I did the same thing except in reverse, going from domestic to international at GRU. We had two hours and we barely made it to the plane.

I have no idea which terminal you land at and which terminal you depart from, but, I hope, you won't to change terminals because it took forever and we had to clear security again.

One hour.... I'd say no way.

Sorry.

David
Old Aug 28, 06, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HGP
Originally Posted by DavidHatt
Unless you can hoof it rather quickly, then I agree with the previous poster that it unfeasible.
Even if his handle was "avelocidadedaluz" it's still not feasible IMO.
Old Nov 27, 06, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Talking it was feasible

I would like to thank you all for your advice.. but I have returned from my trip and I made it through GIA immigration and customs, rechecked my luggage with TAM for my domestic flight -- not a problem. The plane left maybe 10 minutes later, but still.. the point being I made the flight with no delays.
Cheers
Old Dec 2, 06, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by avelinaluz View Post
I would like to thank you all for your advice.. but I have returned from my trip and I made it through GIA immigration and customs, rechecked my luggage with TAM for my domestic flight -- not a problem. The plane left maybe 10 minutes later, but still.. the point being I made the flight with no delays.
Cheers
Miracles happen! This needs a place in "Guinness Book of Records"

Search this Thread