Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Intl-to-domestic connection time in GIG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL

I need to get down to Belo Horizonte from my home airport of PHL, via Miami and Rio (if I flew through Sao Paulo I'd have to change airports there to catch the domestic flight). My proposed timing is:

PHL-MIA (AA, arr MIA 22:00)
MIA-GIG (AA, lv MIA 23:15, arr GIG 10:39 +1)
GIG-PLU (RG, lv GIG 13:50)

Does this give me enough time to clear immigration/customs at GIG? I haven't been down to Brazil since the new fingerprinting regime was implemented. How long are those lines, really?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:06 pm

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
You should be ok with that timing. Just have in mind that AA arrives in Terminal 1 and RG leaves from the newer Terminal 2. It's not a long walk, you'll need to get to second floor (departures) and then maybe a 10-minute walk in slow pace. Last time my American friends were here they said Customs was a piece of cake, but I guess that can vary a bit. Maybe if you have time in MIA you should drop by RG's counter and inform them of your conexion, they might even be able to check you in.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by FlyingRabbit
You should be ok with that timing.
Obrigada!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.