Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Tourist Visa for Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2002, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Help with Tourist Visa for Brazil

I'm going to be getting a rtw ticket in Cape Town, and would like to go CPT - FRA - GIG. However, at the Brazilian web site (http://www.brasilemb.org/consular_visa_tourism.shtml) it says I need to furnish, with my application:

"a photocopy of a round trip ticket, or a signed letter by a travel agency with confirmed round trip bookings, or a proof of financial capability to pay for one's stay in Brazil"

I won't have a ticket until I purchase it in South Africa. I won't have confirmation until I have my ticket (I can't get ticketed until I actually get to CPT). How do I show financial capability to pay for my stay in Brazil? If this becomes too much of a headache, I'll skip Brazil entirely. I'd like to visit Rio, but if trying to get a visa turns into a Greek opera I'll just as soon skip it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Will
Old Jul 5, 2002, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just get a copy of the itinerary and show this when applying for your Visa. Chances are that you've ticketed with LH or SQ, so you should be able to view/print your itin. on www.viewtrip.com (SQ) or www.checkmytrip.com (LH). Or just have the travel agent fax or email you your 'planned' itin. Don't worry about the other stuff. Just write a letter stating the purpose of your trip (tourism), complete the application, go to the local Embassy/consulate, pay the fees, and get your Visa.

Edited to add: you can ticket your RTW in advance of traveling to CPT. Email for details.

[This message has been edited by transpac (edited 07-05-2002).]
Old Jul 6, 2002, 12:54 am

A photocopy of your bank statement should suffice for financial ability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.